The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hel p me with my c.o.p. !!!!

THEKID

so i bought a coil on plug setup from garfield wright and after many failed attempts maby someone else can help me what i need to know is. i am going to be running a cdi so i need to rewire the coils and i need to know which wire is positive and which is negatine on the coil itself the coils he uses in his cop kit are from an intrepid. i asked him and he sent me this.

that dosent tell me what i need to know. somebody please help me!!

What Garfield gave you looks right, but there is tons more info on DSMTuners:
COP wiring
Each coil has a positive and negative, and you want to wire coils 1&4 in series, + to -, and coils 2&3 in series, + to -. The + side of each string gets connected to the heavy black/white wire in harness, pin #3 of the connector B-07 below. The negative side from each string goes to pins 1 and 2 of B-07, as Garfield noted.

dmj

In the diagram it looks like the black with white stripe is a 12 volt positive. 50% problem solved

THEKID

what i am going to be doing is running a cdi with sequential spark so no wasted spark

i need to know on the intrepid coils themselves which wire is posative and which is negative

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned