The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

have a question about this Galant i found for cheap.

misterfixit

not a 1.8 a 2.0

1.8 has 4lumps at the front edge of the head and the sparkplugs are placed individually
2.0 has 2 lumps at the front edge of the head and two of the sparkplugs are grouped in a pair in the middle

Rich

Last edited:

fuel

^^ what he said. There is also a 4G62 which is a SOHC 1.8 with an identical valve cover to the 4G63 SOHC, except the US market wouldn't have got the 4G62 in MPI form, only carb form and therefore would have had a different valve cover. The 4G62/63 valve covers also have the upper cambelt cover attach directly to them, while on the 4G37 there is a tin backing plate behind the upper cambelt cover which is separate to the valve cover.

GSX_TC

Quoting Prolab:
What's wrong with the car?

I had the '92 SOHC car as well. Besides the starter, new clutch, axles - that car was solid for about 6 years. Then an old lady decided to write it off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif .

It shook you to death at idle, then when you mash the gas it barely makes enough power to even move. Then when you slow down the automatic trans down shifts horrifically leaving you thinking did something just break? Then I hear this shearing sound coming from either the timing or compressor. Could just be a bad pulley or something but it sounds horrible. Basically even though it's only 750 bucks and runs and drives with a/c I simply don't trust how long it will run. I'll let someone else go for the gamble.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned