The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Had a little fun with my brother's GSX and my VR-4 today.

Chim55117

And made some videos! Nothing extremely cool to see, I was just a bit bored.

Sixsixtwo's GSX and my VR-4 idling at the same time. He's running HKS 264/272 with a 3" with a Thermal Research muffler. I'm running BC 272's and a 3" Magnaflow muffler.

click

Second one is my VR-4 two step. No one was around so I made a quick stand using a garbage can and lug nut wrench. While I was two stepping the iPhone fell over! 5K stutterbox via DSMLink V2.5.

click

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

In the 2nd link, what settings are you using for the launch control?
It doesn't sound like it's making any boost.

mitsuturbo

Maybe it's just a difference with how you set timing. My car makes about 15psi at 5k with the launch control set at 5k and -10° timing. It spits and sputters and sounds mean as sh*t, and if i drop the clutch too fast, i get wheelspin like mad.
Yours sounds really tame. I think i need to try different settings when i get the new setup put together, to tame it down on the launch a bit.

Chim55117

I'm not sure if I like the tame two step action. I wish it would shoot flames and scare children. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mitsuturbo

That's what mine did. I actually had a neighbor come over about 8pm one night when i first got it running (about 3 years ago). He said he'd just put his kids to bed, and he wanted to complain that it made one of his them wake up and start crying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

mitsuturbo

Nah, he was cool. I was moving in 2 weeks back to my home state anyhow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whoodoo

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Maybe it's just a difference with how you set timing. My car makes about 15psi at 5k with the launch control set at 5k and -10° timing. It spits and sputters and sounds mean as sh*t, and if i drop the clutch too fast, i get wheelspin like mad.
Yours sounds really tame. I think i need to try different settings when i get the new setup put together, to tame it down on the launch a bit.

Screw you, none of your cars make any noise at the moment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Edit: MY car makes more noise than yours do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

You're wrong. My montero sport makes noise.
My GGSX made noise, but it was trailered away today for $600.

1411 made plenty of noise a month ago... it just had a strange engine noise to go along with a decent exhaust note.

555 made plenty of noise a month ago as well. It just had bent valves when i bought it.

You're right though. The two vr4s are currently torn down. 1411 is COMPLETELY in shambles after pulling the dash out today.

1badgvr4

Chim the reason your car is not spitting and popping is you using the two step and not the anti lag. Turn off the stutterbox and turn on the anti lag just dont get too crazy with the enrichment and timing.

Like this Click

Last edited:

Chim55117

Thanks, just had a talk on my other forum about the pros and cons of each, and I'm going to be stickering with the two step/stutterbox over the anti-lag.

mitsuturbo

Quoting Chim55117:
Thanks, just had a talk on my other forum about the pros and cons of each, and I'm going to be stickering with the two step/stutterbox over the anti-lag.

Small shaft turbos have been rumored to break using antilag. I never experienced any problems, though.

PolskiVR4

Quoting blacksheep:
None of you are as cool as this guy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

click

Luckily he turned that 2g into something quite impressive Click Me

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned