The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 Vehicle weight roll call (who's got the lightest?!?)

Galantvr41062

The last time I had it on the corner weights it was 2450 w/o driver, I am 185lbs. I weighed the rolling chassis in at 1450. The car was light enough for 1 person to lift the front end off the ground and have the 2nd person slide the jack stands in place. That was with my heavy wheel/tire combo, stock sub frames, full steel body parts, stock passenger seat, stock breaks, stock drive shafts, full glass(minus rear window} and a 60/40 weight split. As of right now I have no plans for weight reductions, but what I would change: a nice set of wheels/full slicks, mount my other race seat, carbon fiber hood/trunk lid, 1 piece prop shaft, and re-work the turbo and IC setup.

~John

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting NateCrisman:

Seems I have much more effort to nit pick for an hour swapping single piston brakes vs dual piston brakes to save 3lb than I do to spend the same hour riding my bicycle to lose the same 3lb. Sad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif I'v rode my way down to 199 twice in the last couple years and gained it all back as soon as I stop riding during winter. I suck. Need to get my ass in gear but have no motivation for excercise.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned