The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

G

Staff member
Get some toyos.

G

Staff member
What size were on those wheels?

Last edited:

coyotes

Looks like 245/40/18

They would not be hard to fit at all. G I know you understand wheel fitment as well.

G

Staff member
No way dude, that size is going to rub all to hell. Get 225/ 40's. I have some 225's installed on 18" x 9". So on your 8.5" wheels they'll fit perfect, and be a little lighter than 245's. Also cheaper.

photo_19.jpg

coyotes

Rub where? Plenty of people run those size tires with no rubbing. Granted they have more camber and rolled fender lips.

G

Staff member
Inside the wheel well, fenders. I don't like rolling fenders unless absolutely necessary. Or running excessive camber because the tires are too wide/ tall.

coyotes

Yeah maybe with an 18, 17s have plenty clearance. I would just bonk in where it rubs inside the wheel well with a mallet. Not gonna rub on the fenders if you roll them. He wouldn't need much more camber at that ride height to fit those tires.

Or raise the car up, add a little camber, and don't roll the fenders.

Or just get smaller tires I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

G

Staff member
F it, go with 215/ 35's and slam the sh*t out of it.

G

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbowop

Quoting GSX_TC:
Wow that's an honor to have ole wop jelly! Thanks mark!

I'm jelly of the deal, as I'd be flipping them because I already have wheels I love. But those are sweet and will look sick on your car.

I suggest Dunlop Direzza star specs or some Falken Azenis.

GSX_TC

Azenis RT-615K's right? I was considering those. And yeah I forgot about those star specs, heard those are pretty good too.

slugsgomoo

225's on a 9" wheel is the maximum safe width for that narrow of a tire, I like having the lip protection and slightly less HERRAFRUSH stance yo tuck & poke.

Nice deal on the wheels Mike, don't stretch tires like that, get the 235 starspecs, or 245's and make it work. A little lift on the car and some camber and you'll tuck in just fine.

Jesus_Negros

Mike eyes on the prize!
Wop is running LM's brah! If you go the poor man's route with evo wheels then your kick game will be weak!
10372707394_f5d0c0b644_b.jpg

coyotes

Mike can, and will do what he likes with his own car.

But I don't think those wheels fit the lines of a VR4 very well, especially in the size and offset you have to get them in order to fit under the fenders. You aren't gonna get the hellasikk lip and spoke concave that all the pics of those wheels imply. Maybe if you get the 18x10 +10 set you will. Evo X wheels aren't weak if they have the right specs and the right look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Jesus_Negros

Geez you went in. I'm only kidding you know. As far as him doing what he likes with his car, that can be said in reply to everyone in this thread.

That said, my teasing has got me thinking about running these wheels on my Conquest 17x9/10 should do well. Yummy. I need better funds.

Jesus_Negros

Stand up, stretch, shake your arms, and sit back down Coyotes.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned