The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

GSX_TC

Yeah Yusuf is a very cool guy, and I love his EVO II. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSTwithPSI

Yeah, Anthony (oldman tau) would be the man to talk to. I have one in 1837, and I love it! There's a thread from when he was selling them; I'll see if I can find it.

Mike, you don't need L19s. Your typical ARP hardware will do the job just fine. Save that cash for the tune and BCs. What's your head torqued at currently, and how much boost to you plan to run on the new tune?

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Yeah, i'm all too well aware of that thread. The way it ends pretty much indicates there's not one currently available. I believe i even PM'd that guy asking if any more could be sourced. I just hope some identifying markings on them may lead me to find one somewhere.

GSX_TC

Got my Rear Underguard for the VR4 in the mail just now! cant wait to install it! BIG thanks to Boddole (Charles)

it was very well packed btw

GSX_TC

Yeah man, checked it out and didn't see any marks or numbers on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

mitsuturbo

You're not much good to me alive, are you?

I'm surprised there's absolutely no identifying marks whatsoever on that thing. Not a company name, logo, number or anything?

Damn. I'll keep looking, and waiting, and looking, and waiting, and occasionally asking around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

cheekychimp

Are you looking for an OEM one or a copy? I'm pretty sure the guy in Thailand still sells them and they even come with proper clips now!

GSX_TC

Woo hoo Samara Made it on the 2014 DSMTuners.com Calendar!!! im on Feb. =)

click

LIV4PSI

At the Tail of the Dragon, none the less. Nice! I saw Tim made it as well.

Is it bad I was hoping they used a Shootout pic?

GSX_TC

I submitted that line up shot but it didn't get chosen. I think because there's already two GVR4's in the calendar.

Also got a chance last night to finally install my rear under guard, my girl helped me too, and man I'm not gonna lie that sh*t was really hard to do, not only was it in the 30's outside, but it was night time and the fitment was very tight so it was really hard to line up the 3 holes of the gaurd to the bolts without making them fall off or bend up or down. That was the hardest part actually. I'm proud of myself though for working on my car and successfully installing it, because halfway through I was getting so frustrated that I nearly stopped, but I kept going and finished it. I'll take pics of how it looks installed with a JDM rear bumper once I get time to put her on a lift and then wipe off all the finger prints lol.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

ok here's my BIG Christmas gift to myself for the VR4, BC Racing Coilovers! Finally Samara will have a legit suspension! =) BIG thanks to Charles Back for helping me get them.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Had a Lil Pre-WEKFEST Photoshoot with a few friends a Celica All Trac (John) and a 2G GSX (Caleb) and finally got around to getting some updated pics of how the Rear underguard looks with a JDM rear bumper. BIG thanks to Ashley Silva for the Pics.

and my fav pics from the show =)

I was a Happy Camper that day haha, anything with asian girls makes me happy =)

IncorpoRatedX

Car's looking good Michael, let me know how the BC coil overs are, i was considering getting a set for mine.

The passenger side of that front lip drives me nuts, is there nothing that can be done to straighten it out? I would wind up taking it off just because it's ALL i stare at when I see the passenger side.

Back end of the car looks fantastic, a nice dual tip muffler would really finish it off.

GSX_TC

Haha thanks Josh, yeah lots of people have been asking me to let them know how they ride, so I'm pretty excited about feeling the ride quality. As for the lip, yeah it kinda bothers me too but the rest of it makes up for it and makes me keep in on there, but I have been trying to source out a real one from over seas where they came from, so far no luck. As for the rear end, an entire system will come eventually but still need to do more important stuff like Wideband, FPR, wastegate dump tube, fix a leak, rear cv shafts, fix an oil squirter, then give it a tune and see what she does with this crappy temp setup.

Last edited:

prove_it

I've wanted a st205 celica alltrac for years. Damn that thing is nice. Pass the word along to your friend for saving another rare car.

89Mirageman

^Funny you say that. I know they were quite rare too but I was just thinking how much better either of the Mitsu's looked than the Celica. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

prove_it

Meh, the rears are odd and the hood scoop is odd. But I'm a big fan of them after the success they had at pikes peak. They can be built pretty beefy. My first car was an 88 Celica GT FWD. DOHC that rev'd to 7500 stock. It was a fun car. Swapped the 3SGTE engine from my buddys totaled MR2, yea she was crazy. There is a local 89 all trac here in SD. Guy wont sell it and it just sits rotting away.

TC: where did your exhaust go?

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Prove_it, you can call me Mike. A shop fabricated me a custom 3" stainless down pipe with a kick down at the end. The old mild Steel exhaust I used to have is long gone.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Classifieds Listings