The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSR Active Suspension Display Pics

1990ggsxnj

Hey all,
I purchased the Display Pod to install on my vr4 but before I go cutting and fabbing, I was wondering if anyone out there with a GSR would have a pic of the dash hole with the pod and bracket removed so I can see how it was originally mounted.

Any help would be great since our cars did not have this installed from the factory.

Thanks!

slobra

if you search the how to archives there is a write up about it with a couple pics I believe.

I ended up buying another dash to install my dash pod into. I didn't want to cut up my original. I think I have a couple pics on my home computer. I'll post them if I got'em.

1990ggsxnj

That would be great if you have some, thanks man!

Ralli380Gvr4

I plan on cutting the 2 metal legs on the bottom and trimming a small hole behind the pod. I plan on using heavy duty double sided mounting tape and routing the wires for my gauges into between the clock. Hopefully it will be set up in a way to remove it down the road if I would like to return it to stock form. Hopefully I can get some pics up when I do it.

slobra

Turns out I don't have any pics. I kept the metal legs on and cut slits thru the plastic. It holds pretty tight just like that. All I had to do was cut away a section of the dash material so the dash pod would sit flush to the rest of the dash. Also there is already a hole in the back there, just poke around and find it (hello sexual undertones).

I can still pull my dash pod out if I wanted to change my safc in there to a couple gauges or something. I don't have to fight with double sided tape. I know I took pictures but I can't seem to find them.

1990ggsxnj

That's alright. I was thinking of going the "less invasive" route anyways, just wanted to weigh my options. At least I know I can improvise with the slots for the inserts if I need to without fear of hitting anything important.

Last edited:

Dialcaliper

The OEM installation is definitely "invasive" - there are two rectangular holes for the tabs, and a big hole that the ECS harness goes through in the back.

1990ggsxnj

I should have also stated it's being used for gauges, not the ECS. I Already bent the tabs in and may be using some type of weather stripping or similar material to help the pod hug the edges of recess while giving a little more room for the gauges inside to be mounted at the correct angle.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned