The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

good lowering springs???????

where can i get good suspension lowering springs for da vr4. not coilovers. springs with a decent drop

curtis

Do a search for the evo 8/9 conversion. Theres plenty of info in the how to section. Best bang for your buck and want bottom out and be all screwy probably one of the best things I ever did to the car.

solidviper89

Before the grammar Nazis chime in ill give you a fair warning. The people around here like proper grammar and punctuation skills. We all take pride in having this forum very close knit.

To answer your question, I bought some H&R springs for the galant, and I love em. I can't compare them to evo8/9 springs as I have never been in a galant with those installed.

524of1000

Evo set up or the H&Rs seem to be the consensus around here. The evo setup is relativly inexpensive, but requires modification to fit. You might find some already setup in the for sale section from time to time, or if you haz teh welding skillz theres a writeup or two in the how to section. Have fun!

Thank you everyone for the advice. Everyone tells me to get adjustable coilovers but they just dont convince on the ride. But ill see what i can do. Thank you again for the advice.

turbofonz

I have H&R's on my car, and it's not low enough for my (personal) taste.

TurboTrader

I'm way out of the norm and have an Eibach 1g GSX Pro kit springs with a custom 1" spacer in the rear on KYB GR2's. I can't comment on how the handling is as opposed to the H&R, or the Evo 8/9, as I've never experienced either, but I can say, it was quite the improvement and handles great. It's stiff, but not bouncy, and seems to do very well. I have about 11,000 miles on the springs and shocks. Although GR2's are not recommended for use with drop springs, they are still in perfect shape and not blown out or anything of the sort, though if I had it to do over, I would go with AGX's.

The ride height seems to be spot on as well, at least in my opinion, I measured about a 1-3/4" drop all around. I originally toyed with a .5" spacer in the rear, but the back sagged a bit much. The GSX springs are shorter in the rear. The 1" spacer worked well.

100_5651.jpg

cheekychimp

Quoting MadBeachDSM:
I'm way out of the norm and have an Eibach 1g GSX Pro kit springs with a custom 1" spacer in the rear on KYB GR2's. I can't comment on how the handling is as opposed to the H&R, or the Evo 8/9, as I've never experienced either, but I can say, it was quite the improvement and handles great. It's stiff, but not bouncy, and seems to do very well. I have about 11,000 miles on the springs and shocks. Although GR2's are not recommended for use with drop springs, they are still in perfect shape and not blown out or anything of the sort, though if I had it to do over, I would go with AGX's.

The ride height seems to be spot on as well, at least in my opinion, I measured about a 1-3/4" drop all around. I originally toyed with a .5" spacer in the rear, but the back sagged a bit much. The GSX springs are shorter in the rear. The 1" spacer worked well.

100_5651.jpg

Mad Beach that's a really clean looking car. Have you got a member's rides post up yet? If not you should do one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

TurboTrader

Thank you! I haven't as of yet, but when I can round up some free time and all the most recent shots, I will definitely do so.

conquesttsi

Quoting turbofonz:
I have H&R's on my car, and it's not low enough for my (personal) taste.

Did you change your setup? When I saw you 2 weeks ago it looked really low.

turbofonz

Evo8 struts w/ Tein Stechs in the front, H&R and GR-2's still in the rear. Waiting to get the rear Evo's welded up so I can put them on.

Last edited:

TurboTrader

Quoting geno:
Have anyone of you given the "eibach sportlines" from http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/parts/eibach_sportlines_dsm.htm a try? It says 1.5" - 2" for the dsm's. I have a set eibach ?pro? on my talon and i wish it was a bit lower. please provide pictures if you have them.

thanks

Eibach sportlines on a VR-4 would be way too much, I would think. I only have 225 series tires and rub on the front fenders during hard dips/bumps. The Sportlines also don't have much of a desirable springrate even for DSM's, and don't handle any better than the pro-kit from what I have heard. If you really want to be able to go low with little issues, Coilovers are your best bet, pricey, but everyone says they are well worth the cost.

conquesttsi

Quoting turbofonz:
Evo8 struts w/ Tein Stechs in the front, H&R and GR-2's still in the rear. Waiting to get the rear Evo's welded up so I can put them on.

Cool, alot of people have had good luck with that setup. I have agx's now. I think I am going to add h&r springs when I do my 5 lug/4 bolt conversion this spring.

turbofonz

If you wanna buy mine let me know.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned