The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gauge Mounting Locations???

Whats up guys! gonna be picking a 91 NB GVR4 up at the end of this month, and just planning out the build. Was wondering what kind of Gauge solutions you guys have come up with? I know the typical Pillar pods. but i absolutely hate the look of those.... Need to find a place for WB, Oil Pressure, Boost, and Water temp!

jnava

Staff member
If your like me, and love the sweet sounds your car produces, then a gauge pod that is in your stereo dash plate will be your solution. There are various ones that are prebuilt by curtis, if you can find it, or you might find the ones that go above your speaker. This is just one version .You may get lucky and find this one.

These are just a few prime examples. Are they easy to find, sometimes.
img.php

In that pic, you see to different solutions, one on the speaker and one within the gauge cluster. I think the gauge cluster is a bit cluttered but that depends if you have a stock or aftermarket steering wheel as well.
Or you can get creative on your own like this guy. . He built his own and hey, you can too.

I honestly love this one.
img.php

Last edited:

James

The PO of my car chose to remove the center vents and add a plate to mount gauges.

Quoting James:
The PO of my car chose to remove the center vents and add a plate to mount gauges.

Thats exactly what i was thinking about doing... lol

James

I liked the idea of the plate but I was only going to put one gauge on the left side of it (oil pressure) and on the right side put other electronics (safc,turbotimer, boost controller) for some examples.

pot

Staff member
Here's one of the prebuilt ones jnava was talking about that are built by Curtis. It mounts in the bottom single DIN pocket. I like it quite a bit and coupled with VDO "Vision Black Series" gauges it really has that stock styled appearance. Contact Curtis if you'd like one.

rdomeck

Previous owner installed these in behind the vents. Somewhat stealthy.....

James

Don't you have to remove the dash to remove/replace the vents? That seems like a lot of work to install gauges

Do it once, do it right sir. and i like the idea of having them behind the vents. but would make too difficult to read... No SAFC will be installed in my car, and a turbo timer isnt likely either. so basically ill just have the 4 gauges.

90ggsx

Are the pods located above the speaker still available to get? I think they look great and would love to see what it would take to get one!

jnava

Staff member
Probably have to wait or post in the wtb section. There has been a few pop up, worth a try.

transparentdsm

this is mine.

gauges on

gauges off

ready to close glove box

closed for the stock look

i dont like the way they look on the pillar or anywhere on the dash. i like the below the stereo thing, but i want to put a double din in mine so i can run ECMLink on it.

minneSNOWta

Would anyone be able to make me a gauge holder for the '89 dash pocket like Mr. Mitsu did to house 2 AEM 52mm? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. Thanks.
DSC02729.jpg

strokin4dr

I can make you a plate at work what would housing 2 gauges in the pocket.
PM me with the gauge size you are using.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned