The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant eating ECU's

gvr4ever

Check the door seals and the sun roof. If the sunroof leaks, it has 4 outlets to keep water from getting in the car, but they can run down that side of the door.

mitsu90

I have only had a wet floor on the drivers side. The passengers side has never been wet.

mitsu90

^^^
Thats seems to be the case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

fivestardsm

Granted, I agree with the repair or replacement of the harness, but I Just want to trow this out there, I burnt 2 ecu's in a row because of a bad/shorted CAS. It only took a couple days for the second to go.

stevep

Quoting mitsu90:

and like I said the middle ecu plug it covered in green gunk.

Quoting mitsu90:
It has been awhile. But I am still having this problem. I burnt ECU #4. It is the same as the others same green crud and same cap burnt. I will get pix of everything in the daytime..I only have one ECU left and it's my good eprom, I need to solve this problem once and for all.

If it's the same damage, you may need to take the connector apart and clean all the pins and then find the leak.

I just had to replace the edge connector on a GVR4 ECU the the same sort of problem.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned