The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel gauge motor

OMFGeofffff

Is there a motor that controls the stock level gauge? Mine stopped working but the gas light still comes on. So that leads me to believe that the sending unit is still good?

Does anyone know if it can be replaced? Or am I better off replacing the instrument cluster?

There are 2 completely different sensors in the tank, one for the gauge and one for the low tank warning light.

OMFGeofffff

So I guess I'm better off getting a different sending unit eh?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Sending unit could still be good. You can test the variable resistance with an ohmeter while moving the lever up and down.

OMFGeofffff

Where would I connect the leads to? Are there two wires going to it? It's been a while since I've seen it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned