The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Fujitsu Primergy server with Windows Home Server 2011, $180 shipped

4orced4door

click

About a year old. Excellent condition. Really nice little server with four hard drive bays. Pulls around 60 watts at idle and not much more under load IIRC. Super, super quiet. WHS 2011 automates backups for up to ten computers, provides remote access, can be used as a hub for media streaming, etc. Selling because I'm trying to simplify my setup a bit.

Specs:

Celeron G530 dual core CPU (on par with an E8500 in performance and low power usage - perfect CPU for this application)
6GB ECC DDR3 RAM
500GB SATA II hard drive
Legit copy of Windows Home Server (system builder edition - click)

It will be all dusted out, freshly reinstalled, and ready for the buyer to plug in and configure. Pop in a couple high capacity drives and have a rockin file/backup server.

$220 shipped

Will post pictures early next week once my new setup arrives.

Last edited:

Barnes

You are probably more familiar than myself, but since this server has two NIC's and WHS2011, can I use two internet connections and load balancing with this setup? (My cursory searching indicates yes.) My parents have two crappy internet connections, and have two wifi networks. I'm trying to unite the two internet connections under a single wifi network without their intervention. It looks like my only choice is to get a router that has two WAN ports and does load balancing and setup a wireless AP that is connected to it. I'm not trying to increase bandwidth for a single operation, just make it so they don't have to pay attention to what wifi network they are on if someone is watching Netflix, and the other wants to download a big file.

Also, I want to get them setup with some kinda file server/NAS like setup. Maybe this thing could be a two birds with one stone situation. Set it up for RAID for file server duty, connect it to both internet connections, WHS load balances, and add a separate NIC for one of their old routers setup as a wireless AP. Thoughts?

4orced4door

I have no idea about the load balancing, but it would be perfect for file server/backup duty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That does not sound like a very optimal setup they have. Why don't they just have one decent connection, or is that not an option?

Barnes

They are pretty much stuck with two crappy internet connections. One is through a wireless provider, possibly LOS, I'm not sure. Decent bandwidth, but kinda flaky. They also have DSL, but it's at the very edge of service, so it sucks too. They have enough bandwidth through one connection to stream Netflix HD, but the second you do anything, it lags out. So to keep everyone from stepping on everyone's toes, this is how they do it. I just wish they could get one good cable connection, but it's not available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But they really need some kinda file server setup. Too many computers, too many files in random places. I'll do some more research on the load balancing thing.

4orced4door

Bumped RAM from 4GB to 6GB.

Last edited:

4orced4door

Barnes, if they watch enough Netflix to justify it, I would just dedicate the DSL connection to Netflix and the WiMax service (or whatever it is) to browsing. Maybe keep a wireless router on the DSL connection so they can use it if necessary but name that SSID Netflix or something for clarity. That or pony up for a dual WAN router if you truly want to streamline things. I don't think there's a reliable way to make Windows do what you're wanting.

Barnes

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noes.gif

4orced4door

If anybody is interested in this but with a little more hard drive space, PM me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned