The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: All Original 1991 1800/2000 - $3,500 Arkansas

G

Staff member
No problem, that salt in Dayton is brutal. Hate to see a clean example like this one be exposed to it.

Last edited:
The car will spend the first part of it's life in Toledo (not much better than Dayton for snow/salt).

From there, it all depends on where he and his girlfriend find jobs....

All I can say is once WE get the car, we are going to begin the process to make it "better".

That should begin to happen sometime next week.

Again, I hope to be able to draw on this site for advice and knowledge....

Bob. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Kyle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Appreciate you being there to meet the transport.

I will let you know when she arrives (I'm guessing sometime tomorrow?)

Bob.

Received the car today.

It came pretty much as described (things that long range pics can't show).

We are needing inner wheel liners (and I have posted in the parts wanted section....the car came with none).

The car started and idle perfectly, but about 2 minutes later the CEL did come on. This was suspected. I have a logger and cable from my Stealth TT that will allow me to pull the code, so that will be sorted out shortly.

As soon as I get the title, Kyle will get added to the GOOD GUY section....

We will be sure to post progress on bringing 1800/2000 back to life....

Bob. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Staff member
Check the timing belt.

Quoting Romanova:
Check the ECU for damage.

We are painfully aware of this situation, and it is very high on the first things to do list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,

Bob.

Quoting Pot:
Check the rear seats --I sold them to Kyle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was aware that the rear seat were replaced. They look awesome!!!

Thanks for making her back end look good!

Bob.

matt92vr4

Glad to hear you received the car without issues. Funny thing, when I received mine, the timing belt had a groove in it, the back seats were sun rotted, and the ECU was burnt. I guess those 3 things are common!

Today we installed a remote start/keyless entry/alarm system (Audiovox APS-997C).

At some point one of the owners had starting issues (it ended up being a broken clutch position switch) where he clipped the wire from the clutch to the starter relay.

We now can SAFELY (because we installed a magnetic neutral safety circuit) remote start the car, have a solid alarm system AND can remotely open and close the doors (there was issues with the stock door locking system).

We also put all new chrome trim all around the body trim ($50).

My son fixed the ripped lower bumper with some clever "sewing" and JB Quick....not perfect, but way better than it was.

Replaced the worn plugs with copper....

Forget that he previously replaced all the shifter bushings, and put Synchromesh in the trans, and the car shifts like butter...

Next is respraying the trunk lining and some SERIOUS detailing.

Zach (my son) will post up in the Newbie section soon....

Bob.

VR4ownzU

Save this for when I move back to Ohio /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Redlinegvr4

sooo tempting.

blacksheep

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif This car is sold, people!!!! The new owner is posting on this thread about the work he is doing to it, so pretty sure it is sold!

Redlinegvr4

didnt realize it was sold.. shows how much attention i pay haha

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned