The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1988 JDM RHD Galant VR4 - FL - $9,800 - 100% OEM STOCK

galantgti

Damn, that thing looks clean from underneath!! Good luck with the sale. And for everyone; c'mon. This car can handle 15 minutes of driving in the mud. It can also handle a little bit of water, so don't judge this seller right away. It's uncommon, but that doesn't mean it's wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

Staff member
In all seriousness post some pics of the under body. It was hard to see in the video. All I meant was that if you expect someone to drop 10k on a base 88' (not an rs) they are not going to want to see it being thrashed.

89Mirageman

You can clearly see the under body of the car is in great shape in the video he posted. If you want a pic, pause it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbowop

Quoting G:
Bruh, you were complaining about stickers & which side is the best to drive on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

The stickers are weird in their placement. It looks like a three year old stuck them on. And all I did was state that RHD being better is a matter of opinion. I don't care what side the wheel is on. I just don't think saying that RHD is better as a selling point is right. Especially in this country where we drive our cars on the right hand side of the road.

Last edited:
Thanks for the posts everyone. Here are some under body pics. I also updated the listing with a price drop.

Price drop $7400!!

Last edited:
So I checked this car out. I had high expectations since the car had started selling at $11k and the pictures make it look mint. I went with the funds expecting to drive this car home.

The interior is in excellent condition except for some wear on the drivers floor carpet, shifter and steering wheel.
I would give the interior a 9/10 if you cleaned it up and put floormats inside. I did notice a good amount of cigarette ash in the ashtray though.
There was no rust anywhere on the car that I could find. All the bottoms of the doors were good, the underside was very clean.

The engine started up without blowing any smoke, reved without blowing any smoke also and didn't hear any lifter tick The car drove smooth. There was a small oil leak comming from the rubber half moon camshaft seal, or from the oil feed line for the turbo, not sure which. It wasn't a big deal but after reading it was leak free was kind of alarming. I also noticed some fluid on top/near the fill bolt of the transmission and was told it had recenlty had the fluid changed. There were a few things under the hood held down by tape like the relay box and air box area. The engine bay was dirty. I noticed a good amount of wear on the outer edges of the tires from the rallying of the car. The suspension seemed kinda dry rotted/needing replacement, although it still rode smooth.

I hadn't given the exterior any thought at all because it looked mint except the for stickers which I had planned on removing. This was the bad part. I don't have the resources to do auto body work and this car needed to be re-painted. It had numerous dents, dings, scratches, and lots of touchup paint. The mirrors were worn in spots down to yellow fiberglass, and the clearcoat had some spiderwebbing over a rear fender. The passenger side bumper clips were missing from the bottom and it was held on with foil tape. The body looked like that of a car with over 100k it threw me off. I left to have some lunch and think about it, the only way I'd be happy with the car is if I painted it and I hadn't factored that in, so I passed.

Open to serious offers. Like Steelwheel said the car is in great condition. The exterior has dings and dents like any other car 27 years old. Let us know

GSX_TC

Very tempting. Is this the one that has had the A/c converted to R134a?

GSX_TC. Yes it is it was converted to R134a

Just a heads up guys we got most of the stickers off. It seemed like a big issue for a lot of people so we took care of that.
We will get better pictures next week.
BrbQBxA.jpg

Also we have another VR-4 on the way!
Check it out
77,000 miles or 124,000 km
Price will be in the 10-11k range

Last edited:

G

Staff member
They won't know until it shows up.

CAR IS SOLD!!

That is correct we will know about the red car more when it arrives. The cars are inspected in Japan and there was no undercarriage rust, but we wont make that claim until it arrives.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned