The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fortune auto coilovers for VR4

ktmrider

^^ Amen. When the first question is "How low can they go?" just gotta /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

G

Staff member
Black, jic made a set for the e39a.

boostedinaz

Quoting blacksheep:
Michael - Agree. 90% of my customers would buy them for looks and some track use (minimal). Track whores would always start with KW V3 pricing. I think for a gvr4, 95% would get it for street or JSB use... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif The only reason I would go FA is for re-builds vs buddy club, megans, ksport etc. They will generally respond fast and take care of customers. To do the gvr4 with them will take some time and effort...Like I said before spring rate is key. I don't remember what people suggested for the gvr4.

Does anyone remember what the Tein HA rates are or JIC for the 1G? Ours will probably have to be slightly higher given weight of our cars!

If ridden in #3 with Tien HAs and it fits my above description of to harsh for a street driven vehicle. Never ridden in a car with JICs so I got nothing on that front.

I guess it also depends on what type of street driven vehicle you have. 1101 is a daily so a harsh ride just gets old after awhile. If it's a weekend car and only driven on occasion then a stiffer spring rate and the associated harsh ride may not be an issue.

blacksheep

Well, good part with FA is that you can at least order with custom spring rates and they valve to match. So, we can order like 6K rates for dd use and 12K for crazies...

turbowop

Quoting boostedinaz:

If ridden in #3 with Tien HAs and it fits my above description of to harsh for a street driven vehicle. Never ridden in a car with JICs so I got nothing on that front.

I can +1 the Tein HAs being too harsh. And I'm going to assume that stock JICs would be the exact same. My Muellerized JICs are nice, but they're revalved and use better spring rates for a street car. And I had to pay more for a used set than I did for a brand new set of HAs.

I will say though, the Teins quality was top notch. Over the 12 years I owned them, I never once had an issue with them blowing or leaking, like so many do with the Taiwan/Korean/Chinese crap.

Last edited:

turbowop

I don't, due to Mueller's secret squirrel tactics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif But I know they're much softer than the HAs were. I gave Ryan (MX4) all the paperwork and everything that came with the HAs when I sold them to him, so he may be able to find the spring rate numbers for those. I wanna say they were 8k front and 6k rear or something close to that. I can't believe guys use spring rates higher than that on the street considering how harsh the HAs were. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

blacksheep

Those fuckin f*** mueller fucks...Same as me, dickbags would not give me spring rates either...And I bought the f***ing things fair and square... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

turbowop

Well I haven't tried to find out what I have either. The guy I bought the JICs from knows Mueller. He only sold me the JICs so that he could upgrade to the new Muellerized Ohlins setup that just came out for 1g DSMs. I suppose I could ask him...

EMX5636

I have been using my China junk for about 5 years now. I'm not gonna lie though, they've withstood some abuse. The car has left the road multiple times (not for the dirt/grass) over a couple nice rally style railroad bridges around me. Plus all our back roads SUCK so I can't complain after 15-16K miles of sh*t that one finally blew. I would just rebuild the fronts of mine, but about 3 years ago they changed their design a bit, and it's not much cheaper to get their "retrofit" kit than to buy a new set. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif If these last at least as long, and can be rebuilt in this country, I'm game. Plus a bit softer rate/longer travel would be nice for the street.

Mark- I'm kicking myself for not buying your HA's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

turbowop

I got ahold of the guy that sold me the JICs. He says the springrates are 8k front, 7k rear. Or 450lbs/393lbs. I don't think that's far off of what the spring rates were for the Teins, but the valving is much softer making for a better ride on the street.

blacksheep

Quoting turbowop:
I got ahold of the guy that sold me the JICs. He says the springrates are 8k front, 7k rear. Or 450lbs/393lbs. I don't think that's far off of what the spring rates were for the Teins, but the valving is much softer making for a better ride on the street.

Yep, I rode in an Evo once with 14k/16k and this thing rode like silky smooth buttah - firm, yet smooth. No pitching or pogo-ing. Huge bumps, you knew it was stiff. But, normal roads, just smoother. Why? Custom built Motons. That's why! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif sh*t was valved to handle the spring rates. I was soooo jelly!

minneSNOWta

Here is another option. I talked with a JIC rep a few months ago. Apparently, can't type either.

Quote:
We do not import E39A coil kit. But we can custom made for you from end of this year. we are going to production all coil over kit in USA now. we do not make kit in Japan any more and import. if you give us your stock suspension information. we can make it. or if you give us used front and rear damper we can make it. we need front and rear upper mount bolt size, pattern information and lower bracket information front and rear.we do not have enough information of E39A.

Old Generation which is made in Japan JIC Magic FLT TAR/A2 are discontinued. We will have new generation kit which will make in USA. if you can help get data I can give extra discount for your car. you don't need send item in USA/ I want to you send me pictures front and rear suspension and I will ask measuring. that I need it. I know rear upper and lower bracket is same with other Mitsubishi car.let me know if you can. I attached sample design PDF for CT9A and CZ4A. New product name is JIC Suspension ZMS series. Not more TAR, CC2 kit

All new generation are 100% new technology. We can service and supply any parts in house and supply and tuning and rebuild.

Mono tube damper come with 48m piston, inverted mono tube come with 42mm piston.

ZMS-S 1way (30 adjustable) single mono tube damper $1400~$2400- not for Porsche

ZMS-RS 2way (30X30 adjustable) compression and rebound adjustable single mono tube $2400~$3600-

ZMS-RS3 3way (30x15x15) rebound, low & high speed compression mono tube with external reservoir $4500~$6000

ZMS-RS4 4way (30x30x15x15) low & high speed rebound and low and high speed compression. Mono tube with external reservoir $4500~6000

We don't have data f Ganat E39A suspension. make new production we need measure stock suspension. we don't have plan for E39A right now. expect we get car suspension data.

Thanks

turbowop

Is it strange to me that they can't pull the dimensions from JIC/Japan? I would think since it's the same company they could. Even if they state they're not going to be importing to the US anymore, I would think they could at least get the measurements. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

calcaliente

So no takers on this one?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned