The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

For those of you with stock seats in very good condition...

What did you use to preserve your seats? After going through the hassle of getting new seats I really want to take care of them.

I want to do whatever those of you who have seats in great shape have done.

What sort of leather conditioner have you used? (If any)

This could be my last chance to preserve my seats.

Thanks!

JNR

Tinted windows, sun shade and leather conditioner...The only 'bad' thing on my seats is that driver's bolster wear (near the door side), which seems to be common on these. I've heard good things about that leatherique stuff, but haven't bitten the bullet quite yet. I'se checky checky. I used to coat my seats every week it seemed (with a good store bought conditioner and cleaner first) and it helped a lot...they are soft and supple, like a prom night date.

Zymol makes good products too. Real Zymol, not the autozone turtle wax partnership.

And yes, tint your windows and use a sunshade.

Here

Whoodoo

Yes, tinted windows and a sun shade do a lot. Even if its really light tint. I believe my car has the lightest you can get. Blocking them UV's and try to minimize the extreme heat fluctuations. I even go so far as to keep the seat all the way back so I dont rub on the bolster when i get in.

+1 on leatherique......this stuff is amazing. Did wonders for softening up my back seats.

pwrneeds90

Lose weight and dont slide in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif jk

i use meguiars and mine is in perfect shape except for the driver side bolster has a small hole i use this once every other month or so, i also have tint as well.

Jesse

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned