The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

For guys runnig a 2ng Gen Intake.

Hi guys when even I get my car back I will be installing a 2nd MAF an intake. Where do I out my battery. I looked at it before the car went back to the shop and the MAF is right up against the batter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Polish

You move the battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Some people put them next to the fusebox and some put it where the washer fluid is.

Or you can buy a kit and trunk mount it.

Last edited:

chucklesas

chucklesas

You an also do it like this:

Quoting mac515:
LOL Where?? I do not want it in the trunk.

Why dont you want it in the trunk? Better weight distribution and looks cleaner imo.

I have read of to many issued with it in the truck, IE starting an some electrical problmes..

^Starting electrical problems? Only if they don't know what they are doing. My car has had the battery in the trunk for 6 years with no issues.

Same here - located to trunk 5 yrs ago - never a problem

Also I don't think it looks that bad either.

It probably was more work than any of the under the hood relocations.

Hertz

Staff member
It's not crazy, even some cars have trunk mounted batteries OEM. Most recent one I've seen was a Saturn Ion.

Maybe I will look into it. Would love the engine bay to be a little cleaner anyway.

Polish

Quoting Hertz:
It's not crazy, even some cars have trunk mounted batteries OEM. Most recent one I've seen was a Saturn Ion.

Yup, I have seen it before as well.

I am pretty sure it was a Lincoln LS that I worked on many moons ago that had an OEM trunk mounted battery.

No I know cars had them, also under the rear seat. But I was just looking for something a little simple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbowop

Run 2awg to the stock location and ground to the rear shock tower and you'll never have an issue. Make sure you sand the paint down to bare metal at the ground connection though.

Both my cars have been this way for over six years. Starts up fine even in below zero temps. Also makes wiring in a stereo amplifier easy.

CarRacer

You have orbital batteries though right Wop? Aren't those more resistant to cold temps? I kept my battery under hood for fear of cold starts.

HHIVR4

Put the battery in the trunk..I have not had a battery in the engine bay of a DSM or VR4 in 11 years..I have never had a problem.I can even jump start my car from both ends.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts