The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FMIC behind na bumper cover?

tektic

Has anyone seen or put a big front mount intercooler under the stock bumper on a na or gsx galant?
Please point me link if you have seen a write up or know where i can find some pictures.
Hopefully the bumper cover is not hacked to pieces.

James

I mocked up my FMIC in my GSX bumper for fun since its just sitting in my back yard. It was awkward due to the slant/shape of the bumper but it fit.

tektic

First off I'm sorry I'm doing this blind. My engine is getting built. I went to visit it today. It's coming soon. I hope. Any way I'm trying to get the cooling systems ready...

This is what it looks like when you remove the pusher fan for the a/c condenser and shove an intercooler up against the condenser. There is a tube an inch or two from the bottom so there's a gap. It will fit behind my tiny bumper. But i dont know how im going to get the piping to work without welding.

Will a dsm pull ac fan fit between the stock rad and a turbo or do I need to get a half radiator and put the dsm fan on the condenser? Will a dsm ac fan even fit between the condenser and the turbo with the half rad?

Besides welding on 90 degree ends how do I make this fit? Do the make 3" radius 90s in 2.5" tube?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned