The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Exhaust resonator?

rdomeck

I have read good things about Vibrant Performance Ultra Quiet resonator's, but have not had any first hand experience with them. I recently was pulled over because of a loud exhaust on the interstate and installed the catalytic converter that I had on the shelf and it is a little restrictive. I did a good job of making it quiet.

I have a full 3" mandrel bent stainless exhaust from the O2 housing back to the Magnaflow muffler. I have installed a stainless cat and the car just doesn't spool as fast as it did with out it. May be looking for a better cat also.

I really didn't think the car was that loud, but it is much better to drive now with the quieter exhaust!

Any resonator or catalytic converter ideas I should look at? I won't say price is not a concern as I won't pay $1000 for a cat, but don't mind spending the money if the part is worth it!

ercp98

i use two cherry bomb. one long one 24 inch and i think 18 or 12 in line before the muffler.
this really helped alot to quiet down and minimize drone.

citymunky

I have a Vibrant Performance Ultra Quiet resonator also, but it's still in the box, and I'm still JSB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

James

I say you were pulled over by a douche bag having a bad day and should ignore it.

I ran my 240sx with just a downpipe for over a year with no problems lol.

rdomeck

^^^Does your Vibrant resonator keep the box quiet? That sounds like something I would do..Or have done!

citymunky

^^ yup not a peep comes out of that that box. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting James:
I say you were pulled over by a douche bag having a bad day and should ignore it.

I ran my 240sx with just a downpipe for over a year with no problems lol.

Yea, but you live in FL. I lived there for 2 years and the laws are very lacks down there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned