The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evolution 8 tubular manifold on a 4g63?

will an evolution 8 exhaust manifold fit onto a gvr4? i know its a dumb qurstion. but i have one thats a tubular on and it fits right in there. but idk if the turbo positioning (its stock to an evo) will work with our body styles? im already aware that i will need a half radiator. thats not an issue. im basically asking if the exhaust bolt pattern is identical to the two cars? they appear to be. but without actually taking my manifold off, and testing t. im unsure, and i dont want to do that jsut to test it as it will be a long time before i have it actually in the car

broxma

It will but the turbo will be facing the opposite direction and the DP flange will essentially run into the subframe brace.

But yes, it bolts on fine.

/brox

ah crap. ok man thanks for the reply and not flaming me for such a dumb question

broxma

Not to worry. I considered rebuilding the lower subframe and dropping an Evo 9 Turbo on my own car. You can do it provided you remove either the power steering pump or relocate the alternator, to allow for clearance to the turbo inlet. The lower subframe brace would have to be made tubular and notched around the DP is all, not a huge deal. Eventually, I just put a GT35 on the car and am selling my Evo so all the part will be going with it, but it is possible with some metal and a TIG welder.

/brox

alansupra94

This thread is now about Broxma's Evo.

PICTURES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

524of1000

It's pretty stock at the moment. But if you post up some pix, post them pre-partout /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

broxma

The Evo spun a rod or a main bearing so I am having the bottom end rebuilt, new rings, new valves seals, new grind on the seats, Titan HG, ARP's and a phenolic spacer.

With the spun rod/main, the car is actually already sold for 11.5 after all the work is complete. I have a line of people wanting it even with the spun bearing issues.

/brox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned