The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO X Interior

streetmasters

Has anyone done this interior swap into a galant? I know the car is brand new but these recaros are hot and wouldl like to get my hands on a set (prob a long shot right now as these cars are new)
Also, has anyone gotten a hold of the MR touring wheels? just wanted to see what they looked like on the galant. (these are all probably long shots as well- car is pretty much brand new- just thought i would ask though)

dealer site on EVO MR touring

Evo X recaros

3rdstrikedsm

Evo x seats pop up all the time on the evo forums since they are heavy as hell due to the airbags in them.

streetmasters

I just read that on the Mitsu Site- I would love to get my hands on an MR set in leather.
I just fount this set for 1200 in cloth
link to seats

Not sure how this would fit in but I like the look of these- and I really like the evo IX MR seats as well but Jordan would prob kill me for biting (and yes I would totaly copy his style- that interior is sick!)

but any help would be awesome- or maybe ill be the test rat for these

streetmasters

^^^ really? were they too narrow? i heard that they are uncomfortable..

4thStroke

They werent too narrow for me, Im a small guy. They need more lumbar support. My lower back was not happy after the drive.

streetmasters

oh wow- thanks for the note- i should try these out first cuz they look great in the car-
the evo x seats are really nice too- im gonna try and snag me a set of leather ones!

iLLeffeKt vr-4

You guys must be out of your minds. Evo9 seats are 100 times more comfortable than the stock galant seats. I went for several long drives (300+miles so about 3-4 hours) and felt very good in the seats, no pains or aches. I've had quite a few people in my car and no one complained. I'm 5'6" about 140lbs and felt good in them and my friend which is 6'3" and a bit over 350lbs and he also fit without any complains.

The base looks the same as Evo 8-9 seats. My 8's went in easy with no complaints. 1200 is too much esp for ones with cigarette burns everywhere. How trashy do you have to be to have cig burns like that in a brand new car? Ugh

Anyway I prefer the styling of the older evo seats to the 10's.

streetmasters

I just thought id be different and i like the look of the leather x's. but i think i will have a hell of a time getting them in- yea i just heard from another board member that the 9 seats are really comfortable- and they look great-
ill see what i can do to get my hands on a set and worry about the x's later if i still want them- they are much heavier too.

You can always dye the blk/blu Evo 8 seats to full black. They look better that way.

streetmasters

^^True. I do like the set all black- I think the leather mix with suede looks awesome so ill prob go with that (evo 9). Just have to find a car that I can install these on- I cant do it to this car i have now- the friggin car still has the new car smell!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned