The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo wheels ?

dsm10o0

Yup. No need for some camber.

3rdstrikedsm

I ran 255-40-17 on evo 8 wheels for my galant and never had any rubbing issues at all.

jmorri15

I got a set of adjustable rear control arms for a 3kgt after i bent some meant for a dsm. they are a ton thicker and so far so good, heres the link if anyone cares Looks like They Make Em For DSM Now

PreskitVR4

Quoting PreskitVR4:
i know this is the Volks but they are the exact size and offset as my evo 8's all DSM suspension underneath, with eibach sportlines, rubs at full lock.... dont care. As you can see, no sticky-outy, not hellaflush, hellafunctional /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Would have taken a pic of 501 on the evos but its jackstand ballin, with a custom multi-piece center diff right now. Got a lil over exited about yesterdays snow storm...

Evo X wheels same exact size as my Volks! Would prolly run a 245, just don't be as lowered as me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

kartorium

Quoting jmorri15:
I got a set of adjustable rear control arms for a 3kgt after i bent some meant for a dsm. they are a ton thicker and so far so good, heres the link if anyone cares Looks like They Make Em For DSM Now

Pretty sure myself and others have posted exact parts list to build those arms for like 80 bucks. Not positive though, you'll have to search, and I built mine years ago so pricing might not be that good now. 155 seems reasonable though to not have to actually do any of the work.

GSX_TC

On their site it specifically says for 1g DSM's only, will those not fit on a galant VR4?

fastfalcon94

I just put mine on. I am going to spray them dark bronze. The fronts do stick out a little.

10.jpg

GSX_TC

Dam that sits high. Is that an STi and 3000GT VR4 I see in the backround?

fastfalcon94

Ha yeah I need to get some springs. It has new agx struts all around. The Suby is a 98 with jdm gc8 styling, 06 wrx engine with wire merge, and 05 still drivetrain. All the work was done by me. The vr4 I restored from a shell and painted myself. There are a few more cars in the yard you can't see too. I need a new hobby:p

4Grim

Here is a pic i took 4 years ago when i first put the evo wheels on. I am running 245/40/17 dunlops
P6230227.jpg

RedTwo

I have to say the black time attack look is the only time Evo 8 wheels have ever appealed to me. They look so... *meh* in the other photos

feil8409

I am running evo 9 mr bilsteins with swift spec r springs, and evo 9 mr bbs with yoko 245/45r17 no rub. I added 1/4" spacer in rear to match the front.

BrandonEchols

^ Go 3000GT trailing arms and brembos all around to round out the package.

f*** I wish it wasn't so snowy and cold so I could finish my setup.

sy1100

So am I understanding this right 255/45/17 tires on evo 8 and 9 rims will fit on our vr4's with out any rubbing???

fuel

Quoting sy1100:
So am I understanding this right 255/45/17 tires on evo 8 and 9 rims will fit on our vr4's with out any rubbing???

why such large tyres? 235/45 would be more ideal.

sy1100

They were off my firends evo that was totaled, so I got them for free, with less than 100 miles on them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned