The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo VIII/IX MR OEM spring & OEM Strut (bilstein) with GvR4 top plate fitment

Alainb7

I didn't want to cut the front coil for 2 reason.
I dont want to drop the car and I dont want to reduce preload on coil by cutting the coil.

So I install all 4 strut/coil assy on 4 corner witout any mod.

With the Galant strut/coil assy, I had 2 5/8" on front and 2 3/8" on the back. (Between top of tire & edge of fender)

After install MR assy, I had 2 1/4" on front and 1 5/8" on the back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Then I try to flip my conversion block. It increase the rear to 3 1/4" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

So I decide to drill new hole 7/8" upper to the existing one. Then the height is perfect. 2 1/4" on 4 corner.

Last edited:

Alainb7

Update!

I finaly buy an install kit from supercar ingeneering.
Put the MR assy whitout cutting the coil and height is similar as before but 3/4" lower.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting prove_it:
Whats that I hear? Oh its the crowd chanting, "pics" "pics" "pics"!!

Sorry for the delay...

Evo Bilstein MR suspension with Swift R Springs.

fuel

^^ thanks for that! How is the ride with the Swift R springs? I'm really interested in doing the same swap to my G and want springs that are going to have the car sit about an inch or so lower than stock GVR-4 height, which would effectively be a good couple inches less than the stock Evo spring height.

SleepinGVR4

The ride it firm. Not as harsh as agx's but not a soft ride either. If I was going to do it again I'd mail the springs and shocks to Bilstein to have them valved for the Swift R springs.

My next thing is to decide if I want to run the evo strut mounts on the front. I'd have to drill them out obviously but I was wondering if the evo strut mounts would raise the ride height. Anyone know?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned