The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO suspension

citymunky

I know EVO 8 and 9 suspension can fit with a little modding, but what about the earlier EVO's?

BrandonEchols

Be more specific?

I could be wrong (someone from across the pond chime in?) but I believe some of the earlier evos had the exact same mounting system and therefore it would be a direct swap?

fuel

I don't think any have had 'exact same' mountings, I know the Evo1-3's had two bolt strut tops as opposed to three bolt strut tops of the E39A VR-4, but perhaps the rears had similar mountings top and bottom. Evo4-6 definitely had different top mountings at the front, and different mountings at the bottom much like Evo7-9 - the user H05TYL here has Evo4-6 coilovers front and rear in his VR-4 which he fitted by re-drilling the strut towers in the front and welding new mounts on the bottoms of the rears.

citymunky

Thanks for the info fuel

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned