The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo 8 cams?

524of1000

Why not go with the 1g non turbo cams? They are a slight upgrade and can be had for about $40 at the junk yard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

speedyvr4

because if your on a budget like me, and you need perormance cams, you can just hold off and buy some used hks's,bc's, etc, from a member here for about 300 bucks, or you can get some nice regrinds for that kind of money and actually have an upgrade. that's just my opinion. I got some nice hks 264's from a memer here with 10k on them for 325 bucks a few months ago. can't beat that for the money IMHO.

kaptainballistik

Thread from the dead... Morso I can find this thread again!

Ive got the Cams from a MR ( Bigger lift and duration than a std EVO) Whats critical is the people who have done it CORRECTLY have left one small bit of info out...

Its all about 165 deg out from standard! Which means it works ( just happens to be a tooth out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) but you do need to dial the standard gears in and the cams dont "park" in the correct spot as the TDC position is on the cams lift ramp...

Ill get back to you shortly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS some people have put the intake as the exhaust... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif so be REALLY careful what you believe because some of the threads are trainwrecks!

Last edited:

kaptainballistik

after some carful skulduggery ive got the Intalke cam slotted for the CAS....

Shal attempt on Wed... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

kaptainballistik

Its possible..... Its doable.... you have to get the CAS slot right :/ ( I had it 30 degrees out so I made it work by cutting the slot out of teh CAS, Im goung to weld some bits on to increase the slot length..)

It GOES HARD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

For keen punters, the Timing looks pretty close to the Kelford rally Grinds.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned