The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine wont start at first try

tintoy

Need help.. at first try the engine wont start, 2nd attempt it will start with normal ideal (cold strat working perfectly). After 2 or 3 second the engine dies. 3rd attempt it start normaly and wont die. Put it on 1st gear and gradualy accelerate the engine choke first and rpm will raise. Even in 2nd 3rd 4th gear. I replace my fuel filter, fuel pump and spark plugs. Clean the enjectors and throttle. Also check the alternator (chargeing) and the coil. What seems to be the problem with my car? Help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Vr4junkie

Well check the TPS sensor,lose vacuum hoses, make sure all electrical sensors connected, timing not sure what else it could be.

rgeier11

Sounds like a fuel pump issue. Possibly a bad regulator.

89Mirageman

My guess is the ecu like someone else mentioned or possibly the coolant temp sensor.

galant344

i would put a fuel pressure guage on it and see how quickly the pressure drops after the car is turned off..... this sounds like the issues i have been having w/ cars at nissan lately. the fuel pressure regulator dumps all the pressure w/ in 2 minutes and will cause intermitten long crank.

galant344

coolant temp sensor will cause this for sure also, like mentioned above

rgeier11

I just did a fuel pump on a 2004 Nissan Sentra. What a piece of sh*t. I had to go through 2 junkyard ones and finally an OEM $340 one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned