The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EB: Bunch of Computer Parts

4orced4door

See if there's anything you want. Make me an offer, I might end the auction early if we agree on a price.

click

mistaVR4

PM sent..

JNR

You seem to sell a lot of computer parts, so wondering if older processors, memory, CD-ROM's, monitors and broken motherboards (and functioning ones) have any value? I have a bunch of stuff, but not sure if there's a market for any of it, other than scrap. When I say older, I mean like maybe 5 years old. Shame to just have it sitting here if people can use this stuff.

JNR

Yeah, probably not for the most part. Just thought maybe some of the processors (Pentium IV, iirc) and memory may be of use to somebody...

There are many donation centers around here that I may go ahead and give some of this stuff too, although I am particular on the cause they stand for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, sorry to deviate from your (OP) sale ad, but wanted to know this...thanks.

4orced4door

Check out your local electronics recycling centers. There is one near me that pays different amounts for processors, ram, PCBs, etc.

Sometimes the CPUs can be worth some money. Google the part number, find out what it is, then check completed listings on ebay. Sometimes you will luck out and get a CPU that is one of the faster models that fits that socket. I did that with an old Socket 754 Athlon 64 a couple months back and got almost $40 for the damn thing. People with shitty old motherboards like that will try to find the fastest thing that'll fit it as an upgrade.

The other thing you can do is, if you're sure it's a working part, list it on ebay at a fixed price 30-day auction. This especially works well with motherboards. Say somebody's critical workstation or simple server takes a crap. It's easier to swap an exact motherboard than it is to revamp the whole system in many cases. They will pay a premium in that case.

Same for hard drives. Even old hard drives can be worth money because people buy them to swap the controller onto an identical dead model. Scrap stuff as a last resort, honestly, or if you know it's bad.

JNR

Thanks for the info, makes sense and what I was looking for...I can imagine cases could be good for some people as well, so will need to organize and get on it...

4orced4door

No problem.

On the Pentium 4s though, I sold a lot of five of them for a penny one time. They suck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts