The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

double din install help

quicktsi

I am planning to install my old double din Pioneer Avic-Z110BT in the Galant. I got the Pioneer radio out of the box tonight along with the factory brackets and they do not line up. I am so ready to have tunes in the Galant, as the car came with no radio.

I spent about an hour searching the forum to see what people did, but could not find anything. What did you do to make it work?

Diego

eh... just make your own... like this.

otherwise, Im not sure as to "what" help you need on the "install" of the double din... just sink the screws into and presto... but I opted for making my own.

quicktsi

I looked at again today and realized 3 of the 4 holes lined up. I must have been tired when I looked at it last night. Now I just need to source a double din trim ring. No big hurry as I found this today. The car will be down at least a week while I fix the fuel tank and fuel assembly.

adamvr4

i just installed my double din, my scews lined up but had to play with the wires to get it right. here are some pics.

Looks pretty good, but imo I think the black trim on the radio is too shiny. I'm just picky with car electronics, if the radio was a matte black it would be perfect. However, I do really like the radio and how it fits in there. Nicely done.

makedollarz

Very nice looking, I just put in a similar unit avic x920, love it so far. A great site I found is avic411.com, they cover all the avic series units and have a ton of information on how to fix, update, mod, hack, backup your unit. Enjoy!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned