The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Does anyone remember this grille?

curtis

^Do a search there should be a thread with every grille for the car if not I have them on the harddrive also a couple I custom built while you were still in diapers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My favorite
img.php

GSX_TC

Is that first pic running three 1g side mounts all welded together?

GSX_TC

Haha nice, yeah I remember that intercooler.

How much that grille????

turbowop

Quoting cheekychimp:
Quoting turbowop:
I remember back when those were on eBay. Should have picked one up back then. Damn hindsight.

You mean to flip or you would actually like to put one on your car?

To flip it. I actually am not a fan of it. I already have headlights and fogs. No need for anymore lights on the front of my cars, IMO.

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

raptorWagon

sh*t, get some color tint for the head lights and turn it into the rainbow of light vr4.

GIjoe

I love that grille...the problem is that if I'd buy one I'd be too tempted to put red and blue strobes in it.
My car being black and all, it would make for the perfect undercover police car. Only thing is I'm not a police officer, so that would probably get me in trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

boostedinaz

Quoting turbowop:

WAit! Maybe I should install HIDs into the grill lights! OMFG

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

cheekychimp

Quoting GIjoe:
I love that grille...the problem is that if I'd buy one I'd be too tempted to put red and blue strobes in it.
My car being black and all, it would make for the perfect undercover police car. Only thing is I'm not a police officer, so that would probably get me in trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Just use the fog lights. That's what I did when I was in vice. It really freaked them out to get pulled over by a VR4 with strobes, siren and a loud hailer ... Oh the good ole days!

GIjoe

Quoting cheekychimp:
Quoting GIjoe:

Just use the fog lights. That's what I did when I was in vice. It really freaked them out to get pulled over by a VR4 with strobes, siren and a loud hailer ... Oh the good ole days!

that just sounds awesome!

curtis

Quoting GSX_TC:
Is that first pic running three 1g side mounts all welded together?

No the picture is 3 blackstone cores welded together. Blackstone built the cores for the SVO and Turbo coupe fords. Ugly but running the air into and out of each core created alot of turbulence inside and during the winter if it was misting rain or sleet I had to put towels down in the garage because after it was pulled in the ice and slush would melt and create one hell of a mess in the shop. Thing was super efficient and can't remember who bought it but I think I shipped it to California.

Have to remember when I built the thing IC's were still bringing 1K dollars on ebay. Think I did it in like 01 then later built 3 inch pipes and welded short route tubes on it.

click me for what it looked like on a ford

Last edited:

Diego

My bad.
No way that was yours? I remember seeing that picture way back in the day running around on the internet. I always thought they were dsm cores welded together.

RedTwo

Wasn't it a misterfixit post? There was a whole bunch of stuff they made for Galants in a brochure...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned