The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Distance of fuel line's?

Adorsey

I was wondering if anyone knows or remembers a rough measurment of fuel line from the tank to the bay. Or how much ss braided fuel line they ordered to do the job, wanted to do a return line also.
Will order more to go to the fuel rail and to the fuel pressure gage.

I was guessing it would be around 8'-10' just dont want to order too much.

Thanks

Muskrat

Get some string and start taping it down along the exact route you want your line to take. Measure that then buy a little extra, just in case.

Adorsey

Thats something I was thinking of, but at the moment im imobile. I just had acl surgery on my knee, and can't really do much. So I figuared I would ask, then buy it for when im ready to work.

Jesh

do the fuel lines typically rust out on vr4's? or are you just going the extra mile?

fivestardsm

ALL the lines have a tendency to rust out sooner or later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Adorsey

Yeah, more of just a preference, knowing everything is good and secure, I dont really want to trust 18 year old lines for much longer lol

Or you can just get this and get everything you need at once. And this line is sooo much easier to work with than stainless.

Adorsey

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gifthanks so much. you have no idea the time you saved me.

turbofonz

I just redid my fuel feed line with -6 pushlok.

I ordered 15' to be safe, and I was. I had some extra.

Return I just used 5/16" line.

And doing it the way I did it was MUCH cheaper than STM's kit. My line goes right to the stock fuel filter and stock sending unit using adapters.

Last edited:

I actually got 25' of 3/8" steel line from Autozone to do the tank to the filter. I did the whole job for under $75. The main reason I did this was because I needed to replace the rusted line at the fuel hanger, and I would have had like $50 just into the fittings at the fuel pump. So, I just put the 3/8" line trough the hanger with some JB weld. Then some hose and hard line under the car and I was done just as safe...just looked a little more ghetto than the STM kit. The filter they sell with the kit is $100, so you might ask them if you can leave it out.

slugsgomoo

just FYI galants are 5 inches longer between the wheels, and that will affect your fuel line length. I'd be concerned that a kit for a 1g would be a bit short.

Adorsey

I will have to call them on the length of the line. An see if they might just sell the line w/ fittings and hangers.
I want an aftermarket fuel filter along with some line to and from the fuel rail and to the FPG. I might pick the a filter up somewhere else.
(maybe K&N with the -6 in/outlets)
What would make the most sense to do the return line? Should I just do some rubber hosing?

turbofonz

About $80 for the line, 2 fittings, and 2 adapters... then maybe a few extra for hangars.

The return I used about 4-5 feet of 5/16" hard line, ran it straight, then like 4-5 feet of rubber from the FPR to the line, and the line to the tank.

No leaks, works fine, and much cheaper than the STM kit. I got the part numbers for the reducer/adapters to work with the stock fittings.

That is basically what I did and mine worked fine too. But if you have a perfect condition car, and you want to have it look perfect, then get the kit. I am a function over form kind of guy. STM is a, the absolute best looking and perfectly arranged pars you can get no mater what the cost, type of shop. I've been there and they now their stuff, but they only sell the best and charge for it.

Adorsey

thats good to hear, I wanted to know more about them than what the website says.
So you used the kit?

*Just got an e-mail back from STM, he had said they can include extra hosing if needed, and that the kit comes with 14' of the hosing.

Last edited:

TakumiJr

I'm not sure the length but I do have the braided fuel lines from my galant that I'm willing to sell, I'm from Mass /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Adorsey

I would take you up on that offer, but I might be doing more with the line than just the lines themselves, I want to do the same line for an oil cooler with the -6an's, and I want to locate the FPR somewhere visible and accessable without having to worry about the length of line.
Thank you tho, much apreciated

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned