The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Return Fuel Filter

In battling 796's horrible fuel smell, I noticed that the fuel filter located on the return line (on top of the gas tank) has an arrow pointed towards the engine as opposed to the tank. Common sense tells me that the arrow should be pointing in the same direction as the fuel would be flowing (which is towards the tank). Can anyone tell what the correct orientation of the arrow on the filter is?

Thanks
Alex

iLLeffeKt vr-4

As far as I know there's only one filter and that's in the engine bay.
Can you take a pic of whatever filter you're talking about?

I am referring to the blue filter that's next to the sending unit.

I removed it and tried blowing into the either end of the filter and found that air flows much easier against the arrow than in the direction that it points.

summary:
arrow points towards the engine but in this configuration, the fuel has less resistance from the filter than if I were to flip the filter so that it points towards the fuel tank.

jepherz

Staff member
That's not a filter I don't believe, it's a one-way check valve. Also, it's not on the fuel return; I think it goes up to the charcoal canister. If I am wrong, disregard this post..

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You are right Jeff. Not a filter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned