The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

compressor outlet gasket question

turbofonz

Quoting yeti:

Really rtv is that strong??
I know it says you can on the package , but I still wondered.

It's not like the surfaces are warped (well a cheapy turbo outlet pipe maybe), I don't think it's super crucial - I just use a light layer. My 1g's seen 35+ psi there and it never leaks.

yeti

Flipped the gasket over and don't I feel retarded it fits PERFECT.

Fixed a coupler with hole in it and my j pipes bung is leaking........

Also sounds like maybe the throttle body or injector seal is leaking

turbofonz

There's a very good chance either of them are leaking. Spray some soapy water there while it's pressurized.

yeti

My soapy bubbles don't work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Only bubbles I see is from idle adjustment screw

Replace it also. There not that pricey from the stealership. Plus the looks you get when a dsm'er see's the rubber plugs still there in place is priceless.

yeti

Replace the jpipe?

Are you saying It has a threaded spot with a rubber plug in it?

Sorry I'm just a bit confused

turbowop

He was saying to replace the BISS screw and the rubber plug that goes over it.

I hate to say it, but I fear for your car after all your recent threads and questions. Do you have somebody local that can help you out or show you some of this simple stuff so that you don't mess something up permanently?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Well, you do have to understand that not realizing the backwards gasket thing is a bit disconcerting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hint for the future: When installing gaskets (and this may apply to other things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif), it's best to line up the holes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned