The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch Pedal Assembly Rebuilds

Chim55117

Does anyone know who does this? I'm looking to have my clutch pedal assembly rebuild since it is getting harder to engage the clutch. Thanks in advance for your input.

- Stephen

Sheptrans.com

Scroll down almost to the bottom.

If you're going to pull the pedal assembly yourself you may as well rebuild it yourself. Getting it out of the car is by far the hardest part.

464/2K

As far as I know, you just replace the entire clutch pedal. A new on runs like $130 I *think* don't quote me. Also it's like a 3hr job rumor has it.

Depending on how much/if the pedal and arm are worn you either replace them or you can just install new bushings and have your original arm welded to the pedal. Took me about 3 hours the first time I pulled one, putting it back together was even quicker except for bleeding the clutch and brakes.

Be sure your clutch cylinders are not leaking and properly bled (if you haven't already) before you pull the pedal assembly. You don't want to go through all that work to find out it wasn't the problem.

dmj

Just rebuilt mine . the whole kit cost me just over 70.00 from JNZ prices may have gone up Took me 1.5 hrs to get the whole pedal assembly out from the car. Not that hard to do. If you need instructions (1) take off underdash panel above fuse box 2 threaded screws 3 self thread screws. (2) remove steering column covers 4 self thread screws (3) there is a bracket that holds relays that bolts to the dash and to the side of the fuse box 5 bolts and 3 nuts must be removed.(4) you can now drop the steering column by removing 8 bolts 4 upper and 4 lower. these bolts have larger washers than the ones on the pedal assembly so keep them together. (5)remove 5 upper bolts on pedal assembly then 5 nuts from where it bolts to the brake booster. remove cotter pins from cluth and brake pedals.(6) go under the hood and remove the 2 12mm bolts from the clutch master cyl. and disconnect the speedo cable this gives you room to wiggle the pedal assembly out of the car because you have to clear the clutch lever over the cable when removing. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.The biggest hassle with reassembly is you have to compress the clutch lever spring before reassembly you need 4 bushings, the clutch pedal and clutch lever to do the rebuild.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned