The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cheap premade datalogging cable

MegaSuiter

My maf recently went out and was looking around for a replacement when I remembered I have a maft and a gm maf. I thought I might as well install it and get rid of the 1g maf. I need a datalogging cable. So I went looking across the internet for the cheapest cable.

click

I was going to use it with a usb-usb connector to another usb cable to connect to my phone or computer or whatever. This seems cheap and I like cheap! For some reason it doesn't seem like it would work and would maybe somehow fry my phone. Anyone have any input on the cable? I mean why mess around with making one if you can get them for like $4, right?

mitsuturbo

Keyspan is the only way to go.

also, that isn't a logger cable.. you'll need to fab or purchase one of those as well

Last edited:

alansupra94

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Keyspan is the only way to go.

also, that isn't a logger cable.. you'll need to fab or purchase one of those as well

I have to agree. I remember somewhere when reading up on Keyspan is that they read a much faster rate than most converters which is necessary for a logger.

MegaSuiter

No...I understand now. The keyspan takes a power source i think such as a laptop. I mean It looks that easy, but from what other people say it just won't power on the palm, etc. Dumb question on my end.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned