The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

carpet removal

boostingwild

so i decided to remove the carpet to clean and shampoo it and clean under carpet. good thing i did that cause i found alot of acorns under carpet and other junk. well my question is, what the heck are the two vents under the seat for? rear heat? can i just throw them away or will that create heat behind radio area?

also what else should i do while im in there?

fivestardsm

Yeah they are for rear airflow. You could throw them away, but why would you? They don't really weight enough to make a difference, but They do make a big difference on keeping the moisture and mildew out of the back.

I say this because, my first galant which is a SOHC base model with no optinal anything, didn't have them. The back seats were always damp feeling in the spring and fall, and the windows seemed to fog up worse then my other galants.

boostingwild

thank you. i will keep them in. i was just curious thats all.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned