The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BOV help please

So im in the process of upgrading the stock intake and the stock BOV on my 92 GVR4. Im just working on the BOV right now i got a turbo xs bov witht eh dsm flange. I cant figure out how to hook though first of how the hell do i properly take out the stock bov do i just unbolt it but then how the heck to i fit the new on in. if you can help please do. thanks.

SouthCaliVR4

Tough read on your post but the gist is, remove the hose's one vac one for the recirc & then unbolt the valve. the valve must recirc or you are just making it louder & messing up the fuel metering. The ecu has already registered the air through the mass & venting it off will throw you rich every time it opens if it is not recirculated.

Its got a 1g dsm flange bolts are currently rusted to hell trying to deal with that but once i get if off i dont get how the flange with fit anywere like the old bov fit. were to i go about getting a reserculation kit.

SouthCaliVR4

BP blaster is your friend. if you have a correct flange it should bolt on just like the OE then attach the valve to it, can you upload a pic of your new set up?

You may need to have the new bov flange welded to your IC pipe. Check the bov brands website for recirc kit or do a search and scout around for pics. You will get an idea of what you need to do and can maybe use some type of hose frrm your local auto parts store.

524of1000

Why are you switching BOV's? Is it because the flange/pipe is rusted? New IC pipes? you're turning the boost up alot? The reason I ask is because the 1g BOV are built quite nicely and can handle a decent amount of boost pressure. Regardless, Removal is simple. Disconnect vaccume and recerc tube and unbolt the 2 bolts on the flange. Use some PB blaster or another penatrant if they're rusted on. Instalation will depend on which valve you decide to go with. Greddy can retain the stock flange IIRC you just need to drill and tap for the bolts. Any others and you'll need that specific flange and possably someone to weld it to the pipe.

Diego

^ I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and go with this....

I bet when you ordered your BOV, you chose the dsm flange..... well that's cool and all but, you ordered the dsm flange for a reason.... to have it welded onto new shiny IC piping....

524of1000

Me? Nope, I'm set and have been for a while. I was just wondering why he feels the need to upgrade that specific part is all.

Diego

^nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

broxma

That engine bay looks strikingly similar to...

/brox

524of1000

Indeed. That guy must have been influanced greatly by the minimalistic approach and shiney COP setup that Broxma has. Hmmm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned