The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bosch Alternator Disassembly

BoostedAWD91

Does anyone know how the Bosch Alternators come apart to get to the regulator? Once the pulley and front case is off, i cant seem to figure out how the windings and everything come out to get to the voltage regulator. I had it rebuilt and the guy didnt put it back together correctly so when it spins, its hitting something but can't tell exactly what.

rgeier11

I found this on youtube, but it is for a different vehicle, still Bosch.

click

stevep

The Denso/Mitsubishi alternator that came on the car originally is covered in the FSM.
I'm assuming you don't have the manual so go download it. click

BoostedAWD91

Yea I have the manual but it wont come apart like it says it supposed to. Its hung up on something. The back case that is Where the regulator is

stevep

Did you take the pulley off first rather than splitting the front from the back first?

It's been a while since I took mine apart but I remember it being built much like the larger 110A alternator from the 6G72.
click

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
I had it rebuilt and the guy didnt put it back together correctly so when it spins, its hitting something but can't tell exactly what.

Cant you make him fix it? Who did you have do this?

BoostedAWD91

Yea he fixed it for free, I just didn't wanna wait but its all taken care of. He just removed the 4 bolts and knocked the front case off with a hammer. I guess I didn't hit it hard enough cause I figured I'd break it

BoostedAWD91

Local alternator rebuild company. Fixed it for $50 so a lot better than having to buy a new one again

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned