The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

another voltage regulator bites the dust!

nickbuilt

Maybe someone could shed some light on my situation? My alternator took a sh*t on me about 3 months ago. We had a big rain storm i went thru a puddle and my alternator took a sh*t on me, now when this happened i changed the alternator with a parts store rebuild all was fine! The car was fine for a month and a half and then another alternator bit the dust, I took it back got it warrantied they told me voltage regulator was toasted so I installed another one this one lasted 2 months & the same thing happens, so I was like maybe this parts store sucks so I went elsewhere, when I installed this alternator it lasted another month and a half yet again voltage regulator is toasted! Can anyone help me out all these 3 alternators and they all have done the same thing can someone shed some light on this subject? Is there anything in this car that could be causing me to fry voltage regulators? I noticed there is an alternator relay in the engine bay fuse box could this be messing me up please someone help me!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

-nick

Last edited:

gtluke

Here, you forgot some of these:
.,.,.,,,.,.,.,..,.:;???!!

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Moved this thread from the technical section to the newbie section, (for obvious reasons.)

Do you have heat shields installed on the exhaust manifold/downpipe?

Have you checked all your grounds?

Are your battery terminals clean and secure?

Are the alternator plugs/harness conections in good condition?

Providing answers to these questions in a readable form will net you much better results.

toybreaker

iconoclast
No, Allan, the regulator is built into the alternator.

That's why heat shields are so important.

nickbuilt

Quoting toybreaker:
Moved this thread from the technical section to the newbie section, (for obvious reasons.)

Do you have heat shields installed on the exhaust manifold/downpipe?

Have you checked all your grounds?

Are your battery terminals clean and secure?

Are the alternator plugs/harness conections in good condition?

Providing answers to these questions in a readable form will net you much better results.

yes i have all heatsheilds installed.

all my grounds a fastened and secure and i have actually ran 2 extra grounds since these cars have bad grounding problems.

the alternator plugs/ harness connections were check and are good check continuity with multimeter everything is fine.

sorry i guess i should type in spanish maybe i would get some better readable results lmfao! Also i did a search and all these points came up I over looked into my car about them, they all checked out ok which is the reason why i posted this in the technical section. Since its more of a technical question than a newbie questions seeing that all these things are fine on my car!!!

-nick

turbowop

I don't think Spanish would help much. Although the jibberish in your first post isn't much better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

nickbuilt

yet another person with no input on my real question which is about voltage regulators!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Jordangvr4

Why are there those ppl that just have nothing good to say,and just write garbage .If you can reply with a answer do so,if not move on.

turbowop

Quoting jordangvr4:
Why are there those ppl that just have nothing good to say,and just write garbage .If you can reply with a answer do so,if not move on.

944acc43f373443.jpg

maroonmetallic

All of these newly refound love interests are making people cranky around here..

Where's turbowoplite when you need him? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

-Shawn

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned