The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bonneville Galant exposed

boostx

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Rausch

I second (or third or fourthor....) the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Very cool. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to more info!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

jepherz

Staff member
I actually just asked who was responsible for that madness a few months ago. It's good to see a 16 year old car can hold 200 MPH. Thanks for the read and pictures!

+1 for pics of the oil pump modification. Congratulations to all of the people involved in the success of this car. Thanks for sharing.

HHIVR4

What 5th gear are you running DSM? My GSX wouldnt go north of 174ish on stock rev limit..Makes sense if you pushing 9000rpm though.Im very interested to hear about your trans..

Great build!

slugsgomoo

well the car has a record at 218, with extra tall tires @ 9k I can see that being possible on the stock 5th. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Dialcaliper

By the transmission ratios, 9000RPM in 5th gear on 26" salt tires should put you right around 210 mph. So just a hair over. I doubt you'd be able to fit tires much larger and still have the car lowered like that.

Gimpin

sorry if this has been covered but ... what grille is that?

GVR4_1057

It looks like the USDM 1989 regular galant grille. It Had a big bolt on mitsu symbol on it originally.

deluded

are those the ones with the nut style adjuster? i started out building L-series datsun engines in the '80s. learned to HATE that style of adjuster though i'll admit that they do have their benifits. i really like shim-type valvetrain adjustment... no chance of anything coming loose, and exact clearances that i wish can be repeated. i freely admit, though, that shim adjustment is a PITA: labor intensive and takes lots of time.

Terry Posten

Quoting boostedinaz:
Quoting DarkDevilMMM:
now it's settle, GREEN is t3h FASTEST Galant!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Agreed.

Disagree - YELLOW is the fastest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great job.

Muntermugge

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif
I can only say: WAUUUU..
I wish to hear the "sound" from it..
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

markrieb

I think they are the shim style, but it has been quite a while since I've seen them. You'd have to call Quinn at CRCO to confirm.

Mark

Quoting deluded:
are those the ones with the nut style adjuster? i started out building L-series datsun engines in the '80s. learned to HATE that style of adjuster though i'll admit that they do have their benifits. i really like shim-type valvetrain adjustment... no chance of anything coming loose, and exact clearances that i wish can be repeated. i freely admit, though, that shim adjustment is a PITA: labor intensive and takes lots of time.

deluded

click
this is a short video sent to me from a spectator. you can hear the announcer talking about the record. the car is moving at over 215mph (set the record on this run) though the perspective doesn't make it look that way. please excuse the french at the end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

deluded

and here are some pics of the oil pump mod:
this is where the oil is routed back into the mail oil galley.
PB200035.jpg

these two fittings are connected through -10 lines and a system1 oil filter so that we can monitor debris in the oil easily.
PB200036.jpg

PB200037.jpg

you can see how many angles and restrictive passages are eliminated. this doesn't even take into account the several 90s within the oil filter housing.
PB200038.jpg

-10 comes off at an angle to avoid the frame and the crank dampener. getting the line on this fitting is a pain... we put a small clearance in the frame rail to make it easier, but it is still the weak link for this mod.
PB200034.jpg

a little internal port work on the passages.
PB200043.jpg

in 2 1/2 years no bearing failures, and we run ALOT of clearance. think V8s.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned