The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Behold, my VR4 clone.

blacksheep

Quoting ApexHunter:
Quoting iceman69510:
I am getting close to finishing my green 92, and I was looking at it sitting here (on jackstands, of course), and there is just something about the design lines of this car. It may be out of date, but I think it is classic. Yours is looking good.

They are great looking cars, but it took a lot of staring contests with 1951 for me to really get it. The car's lines are very clean and well sculpted, and it has a sort of subtle aggressiveness to it. I've thought at times that there is some European influence going on here. In any case, silver is one of those colors that really sets off a car's lines. I hope to buy a JDM VR-4 one day in silver.

I think the subtle looks come to surface only when lowered and with non-stock wheels. Even a lowered gvr4 on stock wheels looks dumpy. Wopper and Clint's cars are 2 great examples of how they look great from the sides. Then you do a JDM front and rear bumper and its even better. Funnily, I feel the same way about my Ebo's lines. I looked at her the 1st time and said, Man, has she become a fatty!!!". Then the more you look at it and more you pay attention to the details, you start to like - Those bulging hips in the rear and swollen fenders up front seem to arouse me more and more... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT - Apex Silver FTMFWYO!

Last edited:

Whoodoo

I'm sure this thread is going wildly off topic already, but I'd like to contribute to this trend. It is my opinion that, as a person experienced in this car's ability to 'grow' on you, all of us are better for it. Yes, this car has classic lines and subtle hints of muscle and european nuances. However, I think I can now appreciate subtleties in the styling of other cars more now that I have been able to appreciate this one.

When I first bought 62, I couldn't help but think it was the ugliest car I ever though of owning. Now, though, I think it is truly one of the most beautiful.

And I must also agree - silver on this body is to die for!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The JDM bumpers help because they are the original design lines intended for the car.

I feel this way about 1g TELs now. I liked the changes made to the 1gb versions, but now looking back at the original clean design, you can see it as the designers originally intended it. Always wanted a Laser in the bright blue.

89Mirageman

That car does look awesome, makes me wonder why silver wasn't one of the oem colors for the US Spec GVR4's. I remember back somewhere around 2002 or so I picked up a black 92 GVR4 because it was local and cheap. I thought it was one of the ugliest things that Mitsu ever designed. A few years later it just grew on me somehow. I guess as you get older you just respect the car more, its hard to explain. I have a colt hatchback now, I wouldn't have been caught dead in that thing ten years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. When I take my daughter to school on it now I can tell she's ashamed of it and wants me to drive one of our "newer" cars. Damn spoiled kids. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

IncorpoRatedX

Thanks guys! Yeah it was the one on jay Dee em shifty that had the black hood with two hood vents.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned