The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BC Coilovers delivered today!

BlitzVR4

Just got my coilovers in today. Here are some pics. These are the RAM series. I took this off there website.
click They don't list them for our cars on the NA website, but they do list them on their UK site.

- Inverted Mono-tube shock design
- 30 levels of damping force adjustment, adjust compression/rebound
- Pillowball mounts and adjustable camber plates included (where applicable)
- Adjustable rear camber plates available
- Separate full length height adjustable
- One year warranty
- Rebuildable

Can't wait to get my car running right and install these bad boys.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
They look real nice, how much $? Where are they made? > click

BlitzVR4

Your calculations are a little off. They were 1225 shipped from Taiwan. Only took about a week to get them in though.

alansupra94

1225 shipped for quality coilovers seem reasonable to me...and it came in a week? Wow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Lets hope the quality is not like Ksports /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Specter

Quoting BlitzVR4:
Your calculations are a little off. They were 1225 shipped from Taiwan. Only took about a week to get them in though.

The are made in taiwan? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Quoting alansupra94:
1225 shipped for quality coilovers seem reasonable to me...and it came in a week? Wow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Lets hope the quality is not like Ksports /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

What;s wrong with Ksports? I like mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4thStroke

Off the top of my head, their tendency to blow out in freezing temperatures is one thing that's wrong with them.

Street Surgeon

They look like any other pair of cheapy chinese/taiwan knockoff coilovers, hopefully they're better than the KSports though.

Quoting 4thStroke:
Off the top of my head, their tendency to blow out in freezing temperatures is one thing that's wrong with them.

I guess since I dont drive my car in freezing temperatures I wouldn't know. Mine have been great so far.

evo8ya

I drove mine through 12"+ a couple months back and through the single digit temps.... No problems at all. It's like a sewing circle when it comes guya downing the k-sports.

Last edited:

bobdole

I sell this coilovers to alot of the 350z, G35 and Lexus. These guys love these coilover kits. I plan on getting these for my GVR4. They are a really high quality.

turbowop

Quoting evo8ya:
I drove mine through 12"+ a couple months back and through the single digit temps.... No problems at all. It's like a sewing circle when it comes guya downing the k-sports.

Doesn't it say right in the instructions not to use them in below freezing temps though? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I mean, that's great yours are still going strong, but that would put me off a bit knowing even the manufacturer warns about running them in the cold.

Scientist

Based on K-Sports official press release when they finally Opened an office in the US...the blown ones are related to the WRONG type of coilovers being released in the US. Those coming officially from K-Sport USA use different parts supposedly

evo8ya

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting evo8ya:

Doesn't it say right in the instructions not to use them in below freezing temps though? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I mean, that's great yours are still going strong, but that would put me off a bit knowing even the manufacturer warns about running them in the cold.

Ya know, I never really read the instructions fully till now. Nowhere does it say anything about operation temps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
click

4thStroke

Some members reported that there was a sticker/decal or rag on theirs that warned against cold weather.

Whatever it is, I know of at least one local member who has a blown K-Sport right now.

I'm still waiting for the funds to roll in for a set of AMRs. It's odd that I don't have $1600 just sitting around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
I know of at least one local member who has a blown K-Sport right now

Well its not blown. But it did leak a little oil out when I had to drive the car in 20deg weather. I have been checking it every time I drive the car and the are no signs of oil any more. Every thing is dry as a bone. So I don't know what the deal was

H05TYL

I've got no idea what 20ºF is in C, though i'm guessing pretty damn cold?

Most likely the rubber seal becomes too hard/inflexible in really cold temperatures to do it's job - so you get a slight leakage. Now that it's warmer it's more pliable and thus doesn't leak anymore.
[/speculation]

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned