The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

are our cars 50/50?

Spott

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifI know this has been answered many times in this thread but I feel we should keep it going for the sake of nothing better to do.

curtis

exactly my thought. So I'll throw this out in the mix.

The Monte Carlo edition VR4's had a different split. So explain how it works?

Rausch

^ Hatchback Coupler?

IDK.....Perhaps the center diff was a different style? Or maybe they translated the weight distribution wrong, and though it meant torque split?

kartorium

Quoting curtis:
exactly my thought. So I'll throw this out in the mix.

The Monte Carlo edition VR4's had a different split. So explain how it works?

open center diff like the cusco unit?

Dialcaliper

Almost definitely an open planetary design like the Cusco unit, if it did indeed have a torque split. Seems unlikely though. The Monte Carlo edition came out around the same time as the 3000GT VR-4 (1990 in Japan), which had a 45/55 split planetary differential. Granted, the design was different (diff and VCU are one unit in the 3kgt), but the technology was already in use at Mitsubishi.

Quoting VRausch4:
^ Hatchback Coupler?

IDK.....Perhaps the center diff was a different style? Or maybe they translated the weight distribution wrong, and though it meant torque split?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned