The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

another cam question? Comp Cams

turbophein

so i spent a couple hours pulling out what i was told to be FP1 cams to install the cams i picked not long ago that i think are FP2 cams.

after pulling them out last night, i can't find any info on them from the numbers?

XE250HR 108* uj5180
XE251HR 106* uk 1066-04

what i am installing, along with BC springs and retainers(should be FP2's)

101-201-8I
101-202-8E

after a little goggling this page pops up but i can't find any info on these numbers. anyone heard of these cams?

click

BogusSVO

Well the XE251HR works on the comp website search. But no info for it.
click

The XE250HR, shows no results, so you may want to contact Comp cams and see what they have to say, it could be an old grind not used anymore.

004tsi

a little searching found this

click
Mitsubishi 4G63 2.0L, XE251HR, Stroked Engine with Bigger Turbo, 3000+ Stall
SEVERE STREET/COMPETITION - Works well with stroked engine with bigger turbo, manual transmission, or automatic with 3000+ stall. Stronger mid to upper rpm.

COMP Cams Mitsubishi 4G63 performance cams will increase your horsepower and optimize the power band of your turbocharged engine! Exclusive XR lobe designs help spool up larger Mitsubishi turbos that tend to have slow boost response. COMP Cams Mitsubishi 4G63 performance cams are easy to install and drop right in without having to change valve springs or complete other cylinder head modifications. COMP Cams Mitsubishi 4G63 performance cams give you an unfair advantage to help you beat your competition.

*Note: These Comp stage 4 camshafts are designed for race/track vehicles only! Comp has produced these cam profiles for customer looking to make the most horsepower out of their race motors, regardless of the sacrifice in idle and streetability.

Camshaft Specifications:
- RPM Operation Range: 3000-7800
- Intake Advertised Duration: 266 Degrees
- Exhaust Advertised Duration: 266 Degrees
- Intake Duration @ .050": 220
- Exhaust Duration @ .050": 220
- Intake Valve Lift: .415
- Exhaust Valve Lift: .399

turbohf

IMG_20130302_192559.jpg

thats my FP2 exhaust cam... i got them used, but trust the guy who hooked me up with them.

turbophein

Quoting 004tsi:
a little searching found this

click
Mitsubishi 4G63 2.0L, XE251HR, Stroked Engine with Bigger Turbo, 3000+ Stall
SEVERE STREET/COMPETITION - Works well with stroked engine with bigger turbo, manual transmission, or automatic with 3000+ stall. Stronger mid to upper rpm.

COMP Cams Mitsubishi 4G63 performance cams will increase your horsepower and optimize the power band of your turbocharged engine! Exclusive XR lobe designs help spool up larger Mitsubishi turbos that tend to have slow boost response. COMP Cams Mitsubishi 4G63 performance cams are easy to install and drop right in without having to change valve springs or complete other cylinder head modifications. COMP Cams Mitsubishi 4G63 performance cams give you an unfair advantage to help you beat your competition.

*Note: These Comp stage 4 camshafts are designed for race/track vehicles only! Comp has produced these cam profiles for customer looking to make the most horsepower out of their race motors, regardless of the sacrifice in idle and streetability.

Camshaft Specifications:
- RPM Operation Range: 3000-7800
- Intake Advertised Duration: 266 Degrees
- Exhaust Advertised Duration: 266 Degrees
- Intake Duration @ .050": 220
- Exhaust Duration @ .050": 220
- Intake Valve Lift: .415
- Exhaust Valve Lift: .399

there are 2 different xe251HR's on the comp website though, there is a stage 1 (101100) or the am you just posted (101104) that is what is confusing. although my car only made real power above 5kRPM. none of my previous cars kicked in on the powerband like that and i had a few different HKS combos, this is almost like (i don't want to say it) a VTEC when it kicks in at 5k. can i measure the lobes? i am going to be selling these here shortly, i don't want to misrepresent them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned