The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Adjusting clutch -pivot ball

Nabeel

Just wondering is there any easier way to adjust the pivot ball at release fork other than taking off the transmission? Actually I am having bad shifting at high RPM. It is grinding until RPM go low. I bleed the clutch & extend the slave rod & got little improvement. I already bought red line fluid but I did not try it yet. I should add some washers before tightening the pivot ball. It is too late now. Any suggestion please..

BluFalcon

Have you tried adjusting the cable ends on the shift cables? I had to adjust mine after I installed a different tranny because of the same issues you're experiencing. Once I had everything adjusted, it worked perfectly. The only bad part of the job is accessing the cable ends under the center console.

Nabeel

I adjust the cables as I replaced the rubber with bushings. Little change but still clutch problem..

4thStroke

Do you have the steel braided line?

My clutch wouldnt disengage after 8k RPM. I replaced the factory rubber line with the steel braided line and the slave cylinder at the same time and it helped a ton. I only had the usually high RPM clutch drag after that.

How far off the floor is the clutch disengaging?

Nabeel

Do you have the steel braided line? No.... Can I use 1G ebay SS line?

How far off the floor is the clutch disengaging? I am not sure but I think from the half way to floor.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned