The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ACT FTW.......not so much

number3

Looks like ACT will be good for business.

Barnes

Quote:
Looks like ACT will be good for business.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ISWYDT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

464/2K

my brother inlaws clutch was in a car that has a 2.5in exhaust and hard pipe intake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, highly modded if you asked me. he never beat on it because when he had it in NC the car ran like sh*t, only allowing it to build only 5psi of boost.

beaner

I've read of the springs on the new discs not physically clearing the fingers on the older pressure plates, which pretty much explains every fail picture I have seen.

SleepinGVR4

Speaking of clutch disks that fail... I just had an exedy clutch disk fail. It broke right at one of the springs on the disk. It did have about a 100K miles on it I'd bet. I originally bought the clutch from South Bend. Again it did have 100K on it but I didn't expect it to break like that. Even though it broke the spring didn't pop out of the disk.

It actually broke just like the first picture in the thread.

This is actually one of the reasons I bought a Clutch Net clutch. The disk design is just superior. The disk actually wraps around the spring so it can't pop out.

Last edited:

turbophein

i have a act street disc with the same failure near the spring.

656of1000

So I'm resurrecting this thread because my pressure plate broke again. I'm not sure as to the extent, but it was very loud, and difficult to get into gear. When I peeked through the clutch fork boot, I could see at least one finger broken off. If you take a look at my posts from above, this is the second time this has happened. This clutch has maybe 10k on it, if that. I'll be contacting ACT for hopefully another warranty claim (they came through big time with the last one), but I believe I'll be looking into a different brand clutch.

cheekychimp

Quoting 464/2K:

This time the Hub decided it hates life and hit the "self distrust" button.

Quoting raptorreed:
Probably a typo, but sometimes the wrong letter can bring new meaning.

I'm sure you meant "Self Distruct".

Or even "self-destruct"

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned