The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ABS Module

vr4768

The anti-lock light came on and I have some constantly going sound coming from around the left front part of the engine compartment. I was told that it's the abs module. Any idea where I can get a new one?

gtluke

$20 + shipping. I think I still have mine somewhere.
You should just delete it, the ABS in our cars pretty much suck, and weigh like 900 pounds.

jepherz

Staff member
Living in NV, deleting wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm keeping and enjoying mine in my daily car on the ice though. It works well.

For the time being I'd probably unplug the large plug on the ABS motor (front left of car).

Oh, and Luke, you can just BARELY fit the motor in one of those USPS flat rate boxes. I shipped one to Iceman this way at a cost of around $12.

BoostedAWD91

Definatly agree!! Remove it before it brakes for good like it did for me to where the abs kicked on every time i tried braking so i basically couldnt stop.

atc250r

Staff member
I had a similar problem. Mine decided to kick in while going down a steep hill into a busy intersection at rush hour! There was no reason for the ABS to have kicked in, it just activated and I couldn't stop. Luckily a downshift and pulling up on the parking brake was enough to get me stopped in time. After that happened, I cleaned out my underwear, and yanked the ABS fuse until I got the parts to do a proper ABS delete.

John

sorry for threadjack, but what parts exactly do you need to do an ABS delete?

Adorsey

ouch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Zee

where is the abs fuse located. i wanna take out the fuse just for now i am not ready (money wise) to take off the abs yet my anti lock light is on and also i noticed when i am in reverse backing up my two front tires struggles very hard they are kind like lockin up on me. when i reverse.
thankx for the help. oh and i did search did'nt find the abs fuse location also i am missing fuse panel under my hood prop thingy on the fuse box.
pics will be very help full

BoostedAWD91

the abs main fuse is in the block on your power wire that connects to the battery. It is held in by a bolt or nut i cant remember but that will disable the abs once u remove that

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned