The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A/c idle up switch?

Specter

Can anyone kindly guide me on how the idle up switch works when the A/C is turned on to maintain the rpm. I just got my A/c work done but the rpm goes too low when i turn it on. I would like to know what are the connections on the idle switch, both electrical and vacuum connections. Sorry if it has been discussed before, i could not find anything.

Thanks!

ktmrider

IIRC there is no "idle up switch".
The ECU uses the ISC to increase the idle speed when you engage the A/C.
I have verified this when testing a potential ISC motor problem.

stevep

Well kind of. The ECU gets input from the AC switch and it engages the AC clutch as well as raises the idle via the ISC.
If your idle doesn't then either the ISC is bad or the ECU is damaged.

Specter

OH no no, nothing is bad, if this is the case as you both stated, then i need to get my A/C wiring done "through" the ecu. I had went from a carby engine to a 4g63t so i did not know this and hence no wiring has been done. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned