The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

814/2000 a few questions.

turboneon

i need bolt numbers; 4, 5(2), 6 ,7(2) ,8(2) to re install the bumper

I also have a few other parts to order. my main question is where do you guys like to order your parts? Is there a manual to order bolts a misc stuff like that or is it in this service manual and i dont know how to use it haha!

Thanks in advanced and looking forward to a lot of time spent here!

GSTwithPSI

I have tons of bolts, just tell me what size you need.

I just installed a USDM front bumper on one of my Galants, and the underside of the front part attached to the car with push clips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I can take some pictures if you want.

Last edited:

turboneon

the thing is i dont know what size they are which is why i added the picture. only way i know how to see what size is to buy a few bolts and see which ones work lol.

It would be so awesome if you could send me some!

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Are you trying to mount the bumper, or the bumper support? The bumper isn't mounted with any bolts. There are some 10mm nuts that attach the bumper to the bumper support. Other than that, it's all plastic push clips.

turboneon

The bumper support and the side metal brackets are all attached to the bumper. Basically the front two nuts that hold the bumper support on and the upper near the headlight bolts and fender attaching bolts.

turboneon

[/url]
img.php

hope those work.

I bought the car without the bumper on so this is why i have no idea lol

Last edited:

Olson

Those are all 10 mil bolts

tektic

Probably m10x 1.5 go to the hardware store. Buy some nice stainless bolts. Get an idea of the length you want first.

1.5 was a typo , what these guys said. The nut is the same size as the bolt , I can say that.

Last edited:

89Mirageman

From my experience most 10mm bolts on Mitsu's from this era are 1.25 thread pitch and not 1.5. Not saying that's always the case but more than not.

Olson

deff a 1.25 almost everything on it are 1.25
and m10 is way to big its a 10mm socket that fits on there its going to be smaller than a m8 but i cant think of what size it would be

Last edited:

thomcasey

Most, if not all, 10mm bolts on these cars are m6x1.0. You will need to check the length but 20 mm should get you there

transparentdsm

the smaller hole at the end of the bumper are just regular screws. if you look at the fender spot where it mounts it is just a big hole like the bumper. a plastic holder goes over it and a corse thread screw goes in an attaches the bumper to the fender. also i have all the hardware needed. i just did a jdm bumper a few months ago and im sure i still have the OG bolts for it. let me know and ill dig them out.

89Mirageman

Quoting thomcasey:
Most, if not all, 10mm bolts on these cars are m6x1.0. You will need to check the length but 20 mm should get you there

I believe he was talking about the actual size of the bolt, where the threads are. A lot of people call a bolt a 10mm just because it takes a 10mm socket/wrench to remove it.

turboneon

Ok well m6 1.0 and m6 1.25. looks like ill try those. Anyone have a clue what size the bumper support nut is? It seems to be the largest size. Also the ones that bolt straight up under the headlights look to be larger than the other smaller holes. are those m6 still?

thomcasey

Well, it is a 17mm head, probably an M10 or M12x1.25

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
There are no 6 x 1.25.

If it is stock nut at 17 mm head size, it is 12 mm thread, should be 1.25 as already mentioned. 10 mm thread will have 14 mm head size (JIS fasteners).

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
#4 are push clips
#5 are screws as mentioned, as long as you have the correct clip up on the fender flange
#6 should 6 x 1.0, about 20 mm long
#7 are 10 x 1.25 I think- not completely sure on these. Maybe 35-40 mm long?
#8 are nuts, I believe 10 mm (pretty sure 14 mm head not 17 as tom mentioned. I had to replace one of these studs and I'm pretty sure it was not 12mm diameter. Measure the stud diameter to be sure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts