The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4 bolt rear/1G subframe/4 lug

luis84one

Is it possible to swap a 4 bolt lsd and 1g rear subframe and still keep my car 4 lug. What would i need to swap over to the 1g subframe offthe galant.. i know i could keep the galants rear but i would rather remove all traces of the 4ws /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ktmrider

Approach it from another angle.

If 5-lug TEL hubs fit on a GVR4 it's safe to aSSuMe the reverse works.

raptorWagon

^Do this, just swap hubs from the trailing arms or swap the 3 bolt axle cups on the GVR4 trailing arms for the 4 bolt ones off the 1G. Either approach works. Don't need to swap anything over for the subframes, they are the same, the 1G just doesn't have the holes drilled for the rear rack. I replaced the rusty and cracked subframe with a DSM one in #1350.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned