The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3G or EVO MAS wiring

G

Staff member
Quote:
Quote:
WHAT do you think an evo 8 mas is worth ? street price.

Is there anything that you won't sell?

lol ! i'm trying to buy one from someone.

Quote:
WHAT do you think an evo 8 mas is worth ? street price.

They seem to be rather expensive. Not too many EVO guys are getting rid of them, and all the junkyards on car-part.com seem to want ~$200 for them. Thats why the #482 is such a good deal, they are more like $50-$75, and the performance is practically as good.
By the way, if you are scrounging for a #482, the full part number is like MD336482, IIRC, and the other number, the one you will see on car-part.com most often, is E5T08071.
The more I drive #880 with this MAS, the more I like it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian M

Quote:
This MAS was designed to be used on some big V-6's, like the 3.5l Montero Sport, or the Eclipse GTS model I believe.

Not sure If they all do,but I worked on a 3.5 Montero Sport a few days ago,It had a #501 MAS.

Hmmmm...well, are you SURE it wasn't a 3.0 liter?? According to my CAPS, all Montero Sports with a 3.5 liter, K89W or K99W, use the #482 MAS.
Also, acording to CAPS, some Eclipse 3.0 liters, starting in 2002, had it, I believe it was a GT-S model.
Also, they used it in SOME 3.5 liter Montero Long Wagons, the V75W, and ALL Montero 3.8 liter Long Wagons, V77W. We're talking an engine with almost TWICE our cc's! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ian M

I was thinking all the Sports had the 3.5l,after a Google search I may be mistaken... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I wish I knew then it was something I was going to need to remember! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ian M

Must have been a 3.0 then..DOH!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

Terry Posten

I just picked up the 482 MAS today and Keydiver came through also with flying colors (as usual). The chip came today also.

I will order the 550 injectors Monday and I hope to have the whole setup installed on next Saturday.

I am looking forward to having this tested setup in my car.

Here are a few pics. I will try and take a complete, before, during, and after set of pics. I have been looking to do this for a year now. I just did not want to use a 2g setup or go through the headache of a GM setup.

Here are a few starting pics.

autobahntom

Installed on my stock one that I am trying very hard to not modify (and not succeeding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)
Tom

Oh, by the way, here is how I resolved my "leak" becuse I didn't have a place for the BCS to connect to:

I drilled a 1/8" hole on the intake hose, and JB Welded a LONG pop-rivet into the hole. Works perfect!

ok i have a couple questions. if i just wanted this maf, and to use stock injctors, your chip will correct for this right jeff? as in i wont need an afc? also, tom, whered you get the filter adaptor for this mas?

autobahntom

The adapters are the same for a 2g and a 3g, so it is available at almost any of the vendors that cator to us.
To answer your to Jeff question, my car is stock (as in even has stock exhaust); and the www.dsmchips.com eprom eliminates the need for an SAFC.
Tom

I believe that air filter was from eBay, but I don't remember exactly. Like Tom said, any 2G air filter will fit the 3G MAS.
The Hz output of the 3G is almost 40% lower for the same airflow as a 1G MAS, so what I do to the chip to correct for the 3G MAS is threefold:
1) I change the MAS compensation map so that the injectors use the proper pw for the airflow coming in
2) I change the multiplier used to determine which timing and A/F map to use
3) I change the Hz at which the ECU decides which fueltrim to update
These three things together should make the 3G MAS function perfectly, I know it sure feels good in #880. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks guys, thats great info. im really interested in this cause i know my air flow is hurting. i think ill change it all out at the same time, and this sounda much more promising than a 2g. awesome. can we have this posted in the how to section for the wiring purposes?

Terry Posten

Here is my first update:

I ordered an air filter w/2g flange from Ebay Monday night. I ordered 550 injectors from DSMparts also on Monday at 1:30pm.

The air filter stuff was sitting on my door step this afternoon (Friday), and it came from CA in 4 days using UPS ground.

When ordering the injectors from DSMparts, I asked if they had them in stock and they said YES. I told them I needed them on Friday. They told me to pay the extra fee for 3 day select so they would be here. So I did. Well, guess what. They are not here. I called at 5:00pm today (as soon as I got home) and they said they can't get me any shipping info because they are just an ordering parts line. They said that they can't get me any info until Monday morning. This is bullshit. By Tuesday morning (Feb 1st 1:30am) I received 2 e-mails from them confirming the order, and approving the payment. Very bad customer support.

I will never buy parts from DSMparts again.

I will tell all of my Friends not to buy from them either.

Terry Posten

I will add this to my "BAD VENDOR" thread as soon as it is "approved" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DSM parts called today. There first story was that the injectors WILL be (yes, as in not sent yet) sent directly from RC Eng.

My first reply was "So, your sales staff lied to me about them being in stock just to make the sale!" They stumbled a bit.

Then I asked for a tracking number. They put me on hold for 10 minutes (on my cell phone) and then came back and said that they will now be coming from their "Midwest" warehouse. Again, I asked for a tracking number. They said that they don't get tracking numbers from that warehouse. So I asked "where is your "Midwest" warehouse?" They just said "The Midwest". I asked 3 times and their answer was still the same. "The Midwest". What tools!!!

I got home and signed into there site and clicked on there order status tab and got the info about being Fedexed from RC Eng.

I will call RC Eng tomorrow and see if they have a shipment being drop-shipped directly.

Again, DO NOT USE DSMparts.com.

How long does the "bad guy" mods need to "approve" my post?

Terry Posten

Sorry about this, but I need to vent.

This is the last time I will post about this, except to move it to "Bad Vendor" when it becomes available.

Today, they finally told me that the injectors were 3 days out from THEIR warehouse. Then they would forward them on to me, and that would be another 3 days.

I canceled my order. I will shop elsewhere.

They never even said that they were sorry once. Very bad way to do business.

Potential customers beware, go somewhere else.

autobahntom

Installed the cyclone intake manifold to compliment the 3g MAS yesterday. First impression after driving is the smooth power delivery. Very had to tell it has a turbo (except by sound).

Car is almost stock:

Keydiver Eprom
510cc inj
2 1/2 turbo back exhaust (with cat)
Cyclone intake manifold

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned